Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh: Jaw contusion and neck spasm, but NO 2nd concussion

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Good that McDonagh's okay. Hopefully this means we can still trade Yandle, as much as I want to keep him. We need to get something for him, since its very unlikely that we re-sign him.

Hopefully this means we don't trade Yandle.

Not resigning Yandle would be a MAJOR blunder. I can't believe this is even a discussion, but here we are.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hopefully this means we don't trade Yandle.

Not resigning Yandle would be a MAJOR blunder. I can't believe this is even a discussion, but here we are.

It's a discussion because we don't have the cap space to re-sign him. Unless we can find a way to clear cap space, our only choices are trade him now or lose him for nothing in the summer.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Where is this no cap space coming from?

Dan Boyle's contract expires after this season for one. Use some of that money towards Yandle's new contract.

Kreider, Miller McI and Hayes need new contracts, plus we have to resign or still have to replace Boyle, Stalberg, Moore and an extra forward

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Kreider, Miller McI and Hayes need new contracts, plus we have to resign or still have to replace Boyle, Stalberg, Moore and an extra forward

Stalberg and Moore can be replaced from the farm system.

Kredier shouldn't demand any big raise at least with how he's played this year. Hayes shouldn't command much either.

Miller will be the only one to really get a raise at this point.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Kredier shouldn't demand any big raise at least with how he's played this year. Hayes shouldn't command much either.

Hayes currently gets 0.9m, he's getting a raise just like Miller. I agrre on Kreider but he'd be looking fir about 1m a year more at least.
We can replace Moore and Paille in house but the 4th line is already an issue and i dont think doing that makes it better.

I'm not sure we have a stalbefg replacement in house.

I want Yandle to stay, but in order to do so i think we are going to have to part with something we'd rather not (or a miracle occurs and Staal retires)

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Who?

Bwwaahhhhhahahahhhhaa

He won't be the only one. In fact, aside from Miller's recent play, Krieder will be able to demand a hell of a lot more regardless that his play has been annoying to us this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've worked out this cap situation before, its going to be very close whether we can keep him or not, but having over 16M+ committed to your left side of defense is a big problem, even if we somehow can keep Yandle, especially when those LHD are all on long-term contracts. It might work if one of them switches over to the right side or somehow Staal waives his NMC clause, but otherwise this is the best case scenario for keeping Yandle

JTM(4.5M)-Brass(5M)-Zucc(4.5M)
Kreids(4.0M)-Step(6.5M)-Buch(600k)
Stalberg(1.3M)-Hayes(3M)-Nash(7.8M)
Hrivik(600k)-Lindberg(650k)-Fast(950k)
No room for extra forward

McD(4.7M)-G(5.5M)
Yandle(6M)-Klein(2.9)
Staal(5.7)-McI(1.5M)
minimum contract player(600k)

Hank(8.5M)
Hellberg(625k)

Estimated Highest Possible Cap Ceiling: 74.5M
Estimated Cap of Team: 75.425M

I've read that the highest the cap might be is 74.5M but it could be as low as 73M, so lets just say we get lucky and its 74.5M, this team with very conservative estimates on salary is still nearly 1M over the cap, and thats without a 13th forward. I guess its possible that it could work, maybe you trim all the RFA's salaries by 200k, only re-sign Stalberg for 1.1M or use a minimum contract player like Bourque or Tambellini in that spot, but this is also without Dominic Moore and under the assumption that we can somehow get Glass's contract off the cap. Its going to be very hard to keep Yandle.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
I've worked out this cap situation before, its going to be very close whether we can keep him or not, but having over 16M+ committed to your left side of defense is a big problem, even if we somehow can keep Yandle, especially when those LHD are all on long-term contracts. It might work if one of them switches over to the right side or somehow Staal waives his NMC clause, but otherwise this is the best case scenario for keeping Yandle

JTM(4.5M)-Brass(5M)-Zucc(4.5M)
Kreids(4.0M)-Step(6.5M)-Buch(600k)
Stalberg(1.3M)-Hayes(3M)-Nash(7.8M)
Hrivik(600k)-Lindberg(650k)-Fast(950k)
No room for extra forward

McD(4.7M)-G(5.5M)
Yandle(6M)-Klein(2.9)
Staal(5.7)-McI(1.5M)
minimum contract player(600k)

Hank(8.5M)
Hellberg(625k)

Estimated Highest Possible Cap Ceiling: 74.5M
Estimated Cap of Team: 75.425M

I've read that the highest the cap might be is 74.5M but it could be as low as 73M, so lets just say we get lucky and its 74.5M, this team with very conservative estimates on salary is still nearly 1M over the cap, and thats without a 13th forward. I guess its possible that it could work, maybe you trim all the RFA's salaries by 200k, only re-sign Stalberg for 1.1M or use a minimum contract player like Bourque or Tambellini in that spot, but this is also without Dominic Moore and under the assumption that we can somehow get Glass's contract off the cap. Its going to be very hard to keep Yandle.

We need to beg someone to take staal and then buy the staal family a nice house wherever that is

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Stalberg and moore can easily be resigned for cheap.

Kreider has done absolutely nothing to warrant being resigned. bursts here and there aren't good enough to be asking for big money.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

Kreider has done absolutely nothing to warrant being resigned. bursts here and there aren't good enough to be asking for big money.

Good luck with getting stalberg cheaper than he is. He'll hit 20-25 pts and someone will give him more than 1.1m.
Moore, yeah there is likely a cheaper option out there (lindberg?) but its still someone that has to be replaced and the replacement may actualky be worse

Fine, we trade CK because we dont want to pay him what he wants, we now need to sign a new top 6/9 winger. Who? And how much more will they want than we currebtly give Kreider

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Something like this...

As much as i love a simpsons reference, the problem here is that IMO the truth would likely come out. It would be odd to see McD sit out more than a game or 2 with a sore neck and jaw, so if they are 'hiding' a concussion it is likely going to be questioned as to why he's not playing in a few games time

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
As much as i love a simpsons reference, the problem here is that IMO the truth would likely come out. It would be odd to see McD sit out more than a game or 2 with a sore neck and jaw, so if they are 'hiding' a concussion it is likely going to be questioned as to why he's not playing in a few games time

This is the crux of the Simpson's reference. There not hiding what they haven't looked for.

Don't ask me no question, and I won't tell you no lies

I hope everything is fine, but if things weren't, I would be surprised if he was "ok" anyway.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I dont necessarily disagree, but why lie about it?

No clue, teams do it all the time. Only thing i could think off of the top of my head is maybe they don't want other teams to think we are desperate for a defenseman, if they think that they will want us to give up more to trade for one from their team (especially so close to the deadline?).

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Really?

I doubt seriously that the Rangers are going to walk away from Kreider so they can keep Moore and Stalberg. You're right at least as of now that the Rangers should play hardball with him on his next contract but they're not letting him walk for nothing.

What Moore and Stalberg might or might not sign for is another point of contention--and right at the moment it's not that big of a deal to me if neither of them returns.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Rangers should move Kreider and one of Staal/Girardi (if possible of course). Yandle should be priority #1. Hayes and Miller priorities as well. Moore/Stalberg can come back if they sign for peanuts. Moore deserves a cut in pay.

Our bottom 6 needs revamping next year. Lindberg, Fast, Stalberg I'd like to see remain a 3rd/4th line.

The 4th needs a full overhaul.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It's a discussion because we don't have the cap space to re-sign him. Unless we can find a way to clear cap space, our only choices are trade him now or lose him for nothing in the summer.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think Yandle really likes it here and I think the Rangers can work something very fair with him for both sides.

According to Dr.Milbury on NBC, McDonagh has "another concussion"

such a ****ing moron. :biglaugh:

You never know, maybe some new information came out since the last report? Or maybe I'm just a natural worrier. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad