Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (upper-body injury) | cleared to play

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I will take a minute to echo everyone else’s opinion and ask that McD take his time and get healthy. It’s nice that he’s practicing though, getting used to the new schemes and teammates.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
f***in A. If you're not gonna play against Ottawa then just skip the Boston game. We don't need McDonagh going back on IR the moment he comes off because some f***ing block head like Backes slew foots him in front of the crease and just skates off like "whoops"

Reactions: Master P

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
****in A. If you're not gonna play against Ottawa then just skip the Boston game. We don't need McDonagh going back on IR the moment he comes off because some ****ing block head like Backes slew foots him in front of the crease and just skates off like "whoops"

Do you think things like this actually happens? I mean McDonagh out of our lineup certainly helps Boston but I don't think they would injure purposely.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Do you think things like this actually happens? I mean McDonagh out of our lineup certainly helps Boston but I don't think they would injure purposely.

Every fan of the Bruins would disagree but they are the dirtiest team in the league. There's playing you tough and then there's having scum like Marchand on the roster, low-key one of the dirtiest players there is in Backes and all I can do is thank Lord Jesus that Lucic is stuck in Edmonton.

If anyone would hurt McDonagh it's Boston

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Every fan of the Bruins would disagree but they are the dirtiest team in the league. There's playing you tough and then there's having scum like Marchand on the roster, low-key one of the dirtiest players there is in Backes and all I can do is thank Lord Jesus that Lucic is stuck in Edmonton.

Well if they played that level of dirty we can send Paquette or some one low on the totem pole to slew foot Bergeron. It goes both ways.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Well if they played that level of dirty we can send Paquette or some one low on the totem pole to slew foot Bergeron. It goes both ways.

They have the dirtiest player in the league on their team and he's praised for it. That kinda says something.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

We'd counter wit Dotchin and Paq who aren't afraid to throw hands when necessary. I'm sure Dotchin didn't forget what Marchand did to him at the end of last season.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They have the dirtiest player in the league on their team and he's praised for it. That kinda says something.

I dont know if hes praised for his dirty play, more so that he is a skilled goal scorer who plays a sandpaper game. He can definitely be dirty but I dont think I have ever seen him praised for that. With that said, never liked him. Im sure if he was playing here I would love him lol.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We'd counter wit Dotchin and Paq who aren't afraid to throw hands when necessary. I'm sure Dotchin didn't forget what Marchand did to him at the end of last season.
Paquette probably doesn't want to mess with a team with Chara again.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Paquette probably doesn't want to mess with a team with Chara again.

I just dont see teams going the dirty route to injure players in order to win games. The Bruins are not necessarily a desperate team. They won the cup in 2011 and have had great runs since then. I see them as a team with a lot of pride and would want to win a series vs tampa with all their players healthy. To go out and injure a guy and then win a series that way would be gutless. Theres no pride in that. TB fans would forever say if you didnt injure x then we would have beat you. Imagine what the players would hear and think about that.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Regular jersey in practice today.
Good to see. If necessary, keep him out on Sat if they must. Montreal sucks ass.

He's gonna be eased in nicely next week with only 2x games.

Things are lining up nice for us going into the POs.....knock on wood.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Good to see. If necessary, keep him out on Sat if they must. Montreal sucks ass.

He's gonna be eased in nicely next week with only 2x games.

Things are lining up nice for us going into the POs.....knock on wood.

Would be kind of funny to showcase McD and Sergachev to Montreal Fans and let them dream of a reality that never was, never will be, all due to their rabid passion for Francophones.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Would be kind of funny to showcase McD and Sergachev to Montreal Fans and let them dream of a reality that never was, never will be, all due to their rabid passion for Francophones.

I dont understand this way that they are running their franchise. I understand the preference of French Canadians but do they realize how limiting that can be? Especially in a cap based league. Not just players but coaches and GMs as well. Pretty much all of the world is speaking English or learning it at some point, are they that much behind the ball? Or they are stubborn is my guess.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
He said specifically in one of the more recent interviews that his hand needed to be checked out by the doctors before he could return to practice and, during that interview, he lifted his right hand to shift his ball cap and that hand was bandaged up. So probably a fractured hand or wrist bone.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I dont understand this way that they are running their franchise. I understand the preference of French Canadians but do they realize how limiting that can be? Especially in a cap based league. Not just players but coaches and GMs as well. Pretty much all of the world is speaking English or learning it at some point, are they that much behind the ball? Or they are stubborn is my guess.

It's inbred hatred from early colonial Canada that is perpetuated through families and even the provincial government of Quebec. There are still places in Quebec that are strictly French speaking and they don't speak a lick of English. The Bloc Quebocois tried to separate from Canada, twice. One time actually went to vote, and they barely voted against leaving.

They feel speaking French gives them their identity as Quebecois, where as the rest of Canada cares more about having an identity as being Canadian. Although, slowly as younger generations are getting older, and the advent of the internet, this axiom is changing. It's slow but until the old guard is out, this mentality will remain and the Toilet Seats will continue on a downward spiral.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Actually, as much as Hedman/Girardi worries me and I think Stråls is still Heddy's best partner, I was kinda hoping we'd see McDonagh/Strålman vs the Rangers so their fans could see what could have been. :D

Will be interesting to see how Bowness arranges/blenderizes the pairs after McD is fully back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad