Injury Report: Ryan McDonagh (upper-body injury) | cleared to play

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Thought I read some of the Rags fans saying he's a bit beat up this year, like all around run-down (sounds like that's the usual M.O. for him and was for Girardi as well when on that team). If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised that when Yzergod told him "no rush," he meant take a week or two... keep your cardio way up, but give the body a solid week or two, then come back in old-school warrior mode and ramp up for post-season. It's (hopefully) gonna be a long one.

Then again, who knows when it comes to cyber Rags fans. They had me down on Girardi, turns out he just needed a little R&R (hint, hint) and some better on-ice management.

Reactions: rangerrat

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I am so looking forward to his play on our team. Talk about taking the load of Heddy and Stralman's shoulders. And just think about when you have Big Mac and Stralman on the ice on the same line also.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
I am so looking forward to his play on our team. Talk about taking the load of Heddy and Stralman's shoulders. And just think about when you have Big Mac and Stralman on the ice on the same line also.
watch RMcD & DG for last 5/6 years this guy total horse PK/PP, My prayers were answered by Stevie Y, ps plus we get Miller at forward OMG what a great pair to add to our Bolts!!

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Thought I read some of the Rags fans saying he's a bit beat up this year, like all around run-down (sounds like that's the usual M.O. for him and was for Girardi as well when on that team). If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised that when Yzergod told him "no rush," he meant take a week or two... keep your cardio way up, but give the body a solid week or two, then come back in old-school warrior mode and ramp up for post-season. It's (hopefully) gonna be a long one.

Then again, who knows when it comes to cyber Rags fans. They had me down on Girardi, turns out he just needed a little R&R (hint, hint) and some better on-ice management.

Welp he was hurt from the beginning of the season with "abdominal strain" Clearly stated at the interview he can't contribute offensively since he can't shoot hard, nor can he use his explosive skating ability. There was no way of telling if he's ever recovered from the initial injury let alone the subsequent ones since the team had been struggling A LOT and another top D on the team (Shattenkirk) had been also hiding & nursing the injury.
Soooo he was naver given enough time to be 100%. Really need him to rest and heal AMAP IMO.

BTW hello everyone. I plan to join the game thread or a few more to show how noob I am at some point. Likely to show up when Mac returns. Meanwhile, looking forward to see Millsy fitting well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its suspected that McDonagh has been dealing with a broken hand. Its not verified, but someone who's proven reliable with Ranger news said that. He got injured against San Jose, and has been out since. A week from now would put him at about 6 weeks, which is in line with the 4-6 week timeline that was being discussed.

He also had some other hand issue earlier in the season that I think he's been playing for all season. Maybe he re-broke it? It could also be that he was playing on a broken hand and the injury against San Jose made them decide to shut him down for 6 weeks.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

No Ranger fans except the really crazy ones have bad things to say about Mac. He was our best player the last five years, and it wasn't even close. McDonagh is not one of these D where he is great or awful. He's very consistent, you know what you'll get. One of the most underrated players in the game.

I think Miller is the player who could benefit from a more chilled out fan-base. Our fan-base had really turned on Miller. He was still a good hockey player, but the attitude combined with the turnovers and the bad advanced stats made a lot sour on him. The team's mouthpiece in the media pretty much confirmed that management soured on his attitude, as well, and our GM didn't give a great review of him today in an interview on the radio. Miller is probably going to make some dumb plays and there's a chance he'll continue to put up bad advanced stats, but you guys are more chilled out, and don't have as strong negative reactions.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
No Ranger fans except the really crazy ones have bad things to say about Mac. He was our best player the last five years, and it wasn't even close. McDonagh is not one of these D where he is great or awful. He's very consistent, you know what you'll get. One of the most underrated players in the game.

I think Miller is the player who could benefit from a more chilled out fan-base. Our fan-base had really turned on Miller. He was still a good hockey player, but the attitude combined with the turnovers and the bad advanced stats made a lot sour on him. The team's mouthpiece in the media pretty much confirmed that management soured on his attitude, as well, and our GM didn't give a great review of him today in an interview on the radio. Miller is probably going to make some dumb plays and there's a chance he'll continue to put up bad advanced stats, but you guys are more chilled out, and don't have as strong negative reactions.

lol right

Solid information though, I'd like if I wasn't in time out.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It’s interesting with advanced stats. If you look at Tampa’s top 6 forwards in CF rel% there is Killorn, Kucherov, Stamkos, Namestnikov, Point, and Callahan. So Names should def help the Rangers in possession and helping to keep the puck in the opponents zone. Miller, I kinda warned people here, that he is going to have those lapses, but if he is put with more defensive guys he should be fine. He had Zucc and Hayes in NY, thinking he would benefit playing with Palat, and Cally over in Tampa.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
You guys might be onto something. Lots of persistent injuries are overlooked or downplayed by the NYR management and players seem to have the final say in whether or not they play, so they often choose to play. This causes their performance to suffer and the NYR fanbase to turn on them.

McDonagh and the rest of the recent "off-casts" from the Rangers are great players. Enjoy them. Despite the fact that I hate the Lightning I will have no choice but to root for Rangers South from here on out.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think he comes back for the FL game. Heard he can play right now if he had to. With an important in state division rivalry game coming up I see him in for that game. I wouldn’t be against him taking his time though. We need him 100% for the playoffs.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
You guys might be onto something. Lots of persistent injuries are overlooked or downplayed by the NYR management and players seem to have the final say in whether or not they play, so they often choose to play. This causes their performance to suffer and the NYR fanbase to turn on them.

McDonagh and the rest of the recent "off-casts" from the Rangers are great players. Enjoy them. Despite the fact that I hate the Lightning I will have no choice but to root for Rangers South from here on out.

You guys have become a nice little farm club for us. I’ll be watching NYR games a bit more see what other players we can bring up to the big boy club.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
You guys have become a nice little farm club for us. I’ll be watching NYR games a bit more see what other players we can bring up to the big boy club.
Their board here is a lot of fun, too, if you're into forum culture (I grew up on them, so I am :)).

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ll be watching NYR games a bit more see what other players we can bring up to the big boy club.

What about Marc Staal? :thumbu:

We have some insane fans though. They want to trade Zibanejad because he dyes his hair, and they want to trade Buchnevich because they claim teams with more than a few Russians don't win Stanley Cups.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

Why do you hate the Lightning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->