Waived: Ryan Malone (Cleared 11/3)

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay

#NYR reportedly have placed Ryan Malone on waivers, presumably to be assigned to Hartford to bring up D

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Hunt (EDM) and Malone (NYR) on waivers

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Would assume that means Stepan closing in for NYR

Last edited:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't smell a trade so much it's more than Stepan is coming of LTIR we can only carry one extra forward not 2 so someone had to go.

Malone isn't really an NHL player anymore at this point .

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
well so much for that. Dudes gonna get claimed he's a cheap vet on a 2 way deal

He's too slow for AV's system anyway. Duclair and Hayes are sticking even with Stepan coming back

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
As they should AV just needs to give them more mins

Hayes should be playing ahead of moore when Stepan is back. No reason not to he's been solid on both sides of the puck only struggle is faceoffs

Now the problem is are you going to play the 2 kids on the same line? That's the way it juggles out if you got 20 21 26 and 61 16 36 ahead of them

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Don't we already have a roster spot open from Lombardi?

And if McDonagh goes on LTIR, we get another roster spot, plus cap relief.

And Stepan was in a non-contact jersey this morning

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
We're at 22 players with Boyle and Step on IR. Is it possible they're not prepared to put Mac or Klein on IR and thus need the extra spot to call up two D?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Don't we already have a roster spot open from Lombardi?

And if McDonagh goes on LTIR, we get another roster spot, plus cap relief.

And Stepan was in a non-contact jersey this morning

mueller already took lombardi's spot

AHB*

Good. Another piece of the dead weight gone. Now get rid of Glass and we're perfect.

Also, I'm under the impression this may mean Duke could be here for the long-term.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't smell a trade so much it's more than Stepan is coming of LTIR we can only carry one extra forward not 2 so someone had to go.

Malone isn't really an NHL player anymore at this point .

Stepan won't come off LTIR until he's ready to come back. He just wasn't allowed to come back for a minimum of 10 games.

According to CapGeek, Boyle isn't on LTIR. I'm not sure if he's on regular IR, but they can probably do that retroactively. Without Boyle on IR, the Rangers are at the 23 man limit right now. McDonagh is likely headed for LTIR, putting them at 22. If Klein can't go, they only have 4 available defensemen, which would mean that someone has to go down in order for them to ice a complete team tomorrow.

Malone is on waivers as a precaution to that. They may not feel the need to put Boyle on IR. The team doesn't have to send Malone down right away, or at all. Cleared waivers are good for 30 days, if memory serves me right.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Stepan won't come off LTIR until he's ready to come back. He just wasn't allowed to come back for a minimum of 10 games.

According to CapGeek, Boyle isn't on LTIR. I'm not sure if he's on regular IR, but they can probably do that retroactively. Without Boyle on IR, the Rangers are at the 23 man limit right now. McDonagh is likely headed for LTIR, putting them at 22. If Klein can't go, they only have 4 available defensemen, which would mean that someone has to go down in order for them to ice a complete team tomorrow.

Malone is on waivers as a precaution to that. They may not feel the need to put Boyle on IR. The team doesn't have to send Malone down right away, or at all. Cleared waivers are good for 30 days, if memory serves me right.

He's on IR per the Rangers site.

Would we have cap issues when Stepan comes off LTIR? I suppose we could just shift Boyle to LTIR to compensate for it if we do anyway.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He's on IR per the Rangers site.

Would we have cap issues when Stepan comes off LTIR? I suppose we could just shift Boyle to LTIR to compensate for it if we do anyway.

More likely than Boyle on LTIR will be McDonagh on LTIR, so I think we will be alright.

Malone is on waivers as a precaution if the team needs to open up a roster spot.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Like him a lot more than Glass, but we all know he's not going anywhere.

Interesting timing. We don't need to clear a contract, but Step will be back soon (cap), and Duke and Hayes continue to show they're going to belong...

Oh well.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not sure why boyle was never put on LTIR the 4-6 weeks is easily more than the 10 game minimum and we have negative cap space available so saving the cap space would have helped too

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
atleast this makes things more obvious when all the forwards are healthy

Kreider, Stepan, MSL
Zuc, Brassard, Nash
Hagelin Miller or Hayes, Stempniak
Glass, Moore, Fast or Mueller

I send Duclair down. Call me crazy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad