Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Lomberg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think he likes Stajan in because of the veteran leadership; he also PK's. Not well, but he PK's.

Our 4th line needs a complete overhaul. Which is f***ed, because when Mangi was here and given some rope on the 4th line, they looked dangerous head to head with other 4 lines.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think he likes Stajan in because of the veteran leadership; he also PK's. Not well, but he PK's.

Our 4th line needs a complete overhaul. Which is ****ed, because when Mangi was here and given some rope on the 4th line, they looked dangerous head to head with other 4 lines.
Yes, but that was also his first crack at the NHL, which typically makes guys look really good. As soon as they've stayed up a while, they tend to lull a bit, which did definitely happen to Mangiapane.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Our 4th line needs a complete overhaul. Which is ****ed, because when Mangi was here and given some rope on the 4th line, they looked dangerous head to head with other 4 lines.
Stajan is a good penalty killer, just like Brouwer is. But for some reason when together, they struggle. As long as we stick with Backlund/Brouwer and Frolik/Stajan on the PK, we will be fine.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Stajan is a good penalty killer, just like Brouwer is. But for some reason when together, they struggle. As long as we stick with Backlund/Brouwer and Frolik/Stajan on the PK, we will be fine.

I.E as long as we put either one with a really good PK'er.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I.E as long as we put either one with a really good PK'er.
Twist it however you like, but either was better with lesser guys too. Their problem together is they are both passive due to their skating. When paired with someone more aggressive that skates better they are good. It's like building a line with 3 playmakers, they can all be good, but you won't score many goals.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I love what Stajan has given this team in terms of effort and being a steadying influence with some suspect linemates at times but I cannot see how anyone can think that him or Brouwer should be on the PK whether together or separated.

Neither guy should be among the top 6 options (well really neither should even be in the line-up to start with.)

I would go with Backlund, Frolik, Lazar, Bennett maybe pairing the vets with the young guys and then use Monahan, Hathaway and maybe Ferland if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->