Ryan Kesler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Well in Vancouver 2003 1st round pick Ryan Kesler has looked sharp in 3 games so far. He has 1 assist and is a +2. Has shown tremendous skating ability and has played decent minutes (14+ vs Ottawa) and been on the ice in key situations.

He should go back to the AHL soon, but I just thought I would let people who may be following 2003 picks know how he is doing.

And some evidence (if we need more) that Pierre Maguire (TSN hockey "analyst") is a dimwit.

This is a guy that a lot of people were saying was a bad pick 23rd overall. But he looks good now, further proof that college prospects are underrated especially when they play for schools like Ohio State.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i've been very very impressed with his play, vs montreal and ottawa, he knows what to do in the defensive zone and doesn't panic, works hard, and digs digs digs up and down the ice

he's played extremely well for a teenager thus far, and looks to be an excellent two way player

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
His defensive skill and game smarts are all there, and at a very high level, especially for a kid his age. He could play on the Canucks full-time as a checking line center at this point. However, his offensive game is extremely raw, and he needs time to develop that. It's definitely not up to NHL standards right now and it needs some time. If and when that side of his game develops, watch out, this kid will be a great two-way player.

~Canucklehead~

ShyCheetah

Feb 22, 2003
Caprica City,Caprica
Visit site
canucklehead17 said:
His defensive skill and game smarts are all there, and at a very high level, especially for a kid his age. He could play on the Canucks full-time as a checking line center at this point. However, his offensive game is extremely raw, and he needs time to develop that. It's definitely not up to NHL standards right now and it needs some time. If and when that side of his game develops, watch out, this kid will be a great two-way player.

~Canucklehead~

After seeing his first couple of games I can see the Linden comparisons. Now that he's back on the wing Lindens is skating like he's 23 instead of 33 and I kept getting the two of them confused! I figure once he gets used to the speed in the bigs that he'll start getting some of those shots off and once he puts on more mass then he can use his skating to drive to the net like a runaway train...and the Linden clone will be complete. I remember a few times in the past when we've drafted "the next Linden" and I'd get all exited until I see the guy and it's like "wtf is everyone seeing that I'm not?". This time I can see the similarites with my own eyes...I'm starting to get exited again... Shy.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The only thing I was really hoping to see from Kesler was some big hits, but he's not physically mature, I can understand. However, as he gets older, I want to see some Cooke-level hits from Kesler!

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Mizral said:
The only thing I was really hoping to see from Kesler was some big hits, but he's not physically mature, I can understand. However, as he gets older, I want to see some Cooke-level hits from Kesler!

he looks a bit like Scatchard out there but he probably won't be able to fight as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad