Player Discussion Ryan Getzlaf

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
He has never been better as an all around player. Showing elite hockey IQ right now

And leadership. Guy emanates confidence.

Carlyle and him both mentioned the break in March really helped him, I'm really interested to hear why and how (other than the obvious rest).

duari91

Apr 12, 2011
Beastlaf is putting out some great effort. He wants to go all the way this year.

I think he has kept us in a few games by himself.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This is almost as good as the 2009 playoffs. He's been arguably better this post season but in 2009 he was up against Lidstrom and Zetterberg not RNH and Larsson so I still give his play that year the edge.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
This is almost as good as the 2009 playoffs. He's been arguably better this post season but in 2009 he was up against Lidstrom and Zetterberg not RNH and Larsson so I still give his play that year the edge.

He had more offensive talent to work with back then though, so I think it evens out.

He was just flat out dominant everywhere last night, although it was plainly obvious he was having his way easily along the boards. Edmonton was getting destroyed there.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

I don't think we've ever seen a Ryan Getzlaf this good in his career.

His defensive game has taken enormous strides int he past few years, back in 2009 he wasn't the same player defensively.

When his offensive game rose to elite levels once again, he turned into a scary monster.

I can't recall another stretch of 40+ games where Getzlaf has been the best player in the world for duration of that span.

Because right now that's what he has been since the new year.

Godzlaf

Sep 24, 2014
I don't think we've ever seen a Ryan Getzlaf this good in his career.

His defensive game has taken enormous strides int he past few years, back in 2009 he wasn't the same player defensively.

When his offensive game rose to elite levels once again, he turned into a scary monster.

I can't recall another stretch of 40+ games where Getzlaf has been the best player in the world for duration of that span.

Because right now that's what he has been since the new year.

Not to mention intangibles like not *****ing at the refs, calming the guys down when adversity strikes, and leading by example. Never had that out of him consistently either. He really made leaps and bounds this year.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Not to mention intangibles like not *****ing at the refs, calming the guys down when adversity strikes, and leading by example. Never had that out of him consistently either. He really made leaps and bounds this year.

Really good point. Sure, he's shown his frustration at times, but it's been at the appropriate time.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Getzlaf has been phenomenal this calendar year. This is the guy Brian Burke envisioned when he said, "Ryan Getzlaf can be as good as he wants to be". He is playing Conn Smythe hockey right now. If only Perry were remotely close to his best now.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getzlaf has been phenomenal this calendar year. This is the guy Brian Burke envisioned when he said, "Ryan Getzlaf can be as good as he wants to be". He is playing Conn Smythe hockey right now. If only Perry were remotely close to his best now.

If only corey perry was close to bolls best

Fredrik_71

Dec 24, 2007
Sweden
I am eating crow at the moment. I did not think Getzlaf had it anymore but wow. He does everything so good and is the clear leader for Anaheim. I am glad for you guys!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I believe Malkin is already one point up.

He is

2nd in points with 18 (19)
3rd tie for goals with 8 (9)
3rd tie for assists with 10 (13)
4th tie for +/- +10 (+12)
2nd PPG with 1.38 (1.46)
1st TOI/G WITH 24:07
12th in faceoffs with 53.1 with faceoffs>100 taken (64.2)

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
He is

2nd in points with 18 (19)
3rd tie for goals with 8 (9)
3rd tie for assists with 10 (13)
4th tie for +/- +10 (+12)
2nd PPG with 1.38 (1.46)
1st TOI/G WITH 24:07
12th in faceoffs with 53.1 with faceoffs>100 taken (64.2)

We have all been saying it for years now, this team will go as far as Getzlaf carries us. When on, I can make a strong argument that there is no more dominant player in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->