Ryan Getzlaf vs Jeff Carter

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Leachmeister2000 said:
I will literally smash someone's face in if I see that word again.

DISCUSS DISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSSDISCUSS

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Can either throw the discus. Discuss.

Seriously, I give the slight edge to Carter here because of his skating. Getzlaf has better size and more grit, but he has had some concussion problems that might be a problem in the future. I am impressed by the fact he's playing the point on the power play and would love to have him on my team. But if Carter fills out and learns to bring it every night, watch out. He could be scary good. He can flat out fly and he's an effortless skater with a great array of shots.

Gorgeous George

Mar 1, 2002
Temple Bar
Visit site
Getzlaf or Carter

Carter - future 90+ pt Top Line Center

Excellent skating, great offensive vision, adept in the slot. Excellent temperment, however, he needs to learn to use his size if he is to become an elite star in the NHL.

Getzlaf - future 80 pt Top Line Center

After watching Getzlaf play in Anaheim, he seems to be maturing very quickly. Definitely a future captain, as with Carter. Getzlaf has the entire physical package complete with an array of offensive skills. While he might not have the burst of speed and effortless skating that Carter has, Getzlaf does has an excellent shot and soft hands. He works hard to create his own chances. Will play more of a team role, as Getzlaf has shown himself valuable at both ends of the ice. This could reduce his offensive potential compared to Carter.

Overall, I would take Getzlaf. He is a proven performer and just seems to be taking such strides in his game this year, playing for an Anaheim team with a great GM. Burke will take the time and turn Getzlaf from being a good player into a great player. Carter is all on his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad