Ryan Getzlaf point potential?

Randall Graves*

I was looking for a more objective opinion than my own.

I am considering taking him in a fantasy draft, but I don't want to reach for him. I am thinking 25 goals and about 40 assists this year is that a reasonable projection if he remains healthy?

Also what is the point potential for his career? I think being a year in, year out 85+ point guy is a good possibility for him.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Real similar to my predictions. I see him having a 55-70 pts season with 20-25 goals and 30-40 assists.
As for career potentail I have him between 80-90 pts player but not over that. I have him closer to mid/low 80's

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
IMO he will be a 85+ point guy who will be judged by his all around game. Getzlaf is a very good all around player.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Agreed

Yeah, I would put him around 60 pts this year 25g 35a, same point total I am guessing for Carter (more goals less assists).

If you had Getzlaf in a keeper league would you drop him for any of: Brule, O'Sullivan, Kessel, Kopitar? I am doing a supp. draft and would have to let him go, or one of Morrison, Nylander.

Randall Graves*

Yeah, I would put him around 60 pts this year 25g 35a, same point total I am guessing for Carter (more goals less assists).

If you had Getzlaf in a keeper league would you drop him for any of: Brule, O'Sullivan, Kessel, Kopitar? I am doing a supp. draft and would have to let him go, or one of Morrison, Nylander.
I'd probably drop him for Brule, not sure about the others.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
I'd probably drop him for Brule, not sure about the others.
Agreed, and I'm Kings fan. Kopitar should force his way onto the team. If he does possibly but still I'd say no. Getzlaf is much more of a safe bet. With those you aren't that sure what you are getting. Getzlaf as seen most believe you'll get a solid season.

Randall Graves*

Agreed, and I'm Kings fan. Kopitar should force his way onto the team. If he does possibly but still I'd say no. Getzlaf is much more of a safe bet. With those you aren't that sure what you are getting. Getzlaf as seen most believe you'll get a solid season.
It's possible Brule scores around the same as Getzlaf my only concern in fantasy hockey is durability. I don't expect a huge year from Kessel either, a good solid rookie year.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006

Morrison :golfnana:

TeMoZ

May 16, 2006
Irvine, CA
Not an attitude problem. Its a drive problem. Motor isnt always running. Second coming of Jason Arnott.
your describing lupul.

why would he get pk time if his motor isnt always running? i don't see him with that problem.

you might get that impression because he's not the fastest guy on the ice.

Randall Graves*

Not an attitude problem. Its a drive problem. Motor isnt always running. Second coming of Jason Arnott.
:shakehead: He has not shown any signs of a poor attitude in Anaheim, his bad year in Junior could've been because he thought he was going to be playing in the NHL because of how well he performed in camp that year.

JorgeRocks!

May 31, 2006
I was looking for a more objective opinion than my own.

I am considering taking him in a fantasy draft, but I don't want to reach for him. I am thinking 25 goals and about 40 assists this year is that a reasonable projection if he remains healthy?

Also what is the point potential for his career? I think being a year in, year out 85+ point guy is a good possibility for him.

Most dominant WHL player I've seen. WIll be a good player

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Then doesn't that mean he has a good attitude, aknowledging he can still improve?

Nope, it means hes a selfish little *****. :teach:

Hopefully he tops 60 points this year...hes looked really good in camp and I think that 60 is a good number to shoot for.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

Nope, it means hes a selfish little *****. :teach:

Hopefully he tops 60 points this year...hes looked really good in camp and I think that 60 is a good number to shoot for.
I'm hoping for 20 goals and 50 points for all four of our rookie forwards from last season, and I think they're all capable of it. That'll more than do away with the offense we lost from Lupul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->