Status
Not open for further replies.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Who do you think would/will make a:

*1) better 3rd line checker?
2) Scoring line center?
*3) Who is better defensivly?
4) Who would you take as a 3rd line centre?
5) Who would you take as a 1/2nd line centre?
6) Why?

Trying to figure out more on these guys.

Thanx to any who can fill me in.

Transported Upstater

KStewart113 said:
Who do you think would/will make a:

*1) better 3rd line checker?
2) Scoring line center?
*3) Who is better defensivly?
4) Who would you take as a 3rd line centre?
5) Who would you take as a 1/2nd line centre?
6) Why?

Trying to figure out more on these guys.

Thanx to any who can fill me in.

Good comparison. I think Getzlaf is the superior player, but I have a difficult time explaining exactly why. I'm a really big fan of both of these guys though; they are my type of hockey players.

Transported Upstater

OK, I wrote a really long response to this question, and my computer froze on the second to last f***ing sentence...

:madfire: X 100000000000000000

Brad*

I don't know who'll be better, because I don't know that much about Getzlaf other than what I've heard (all good). I do know a little bit about Richards however, and I'm extremely impressed. We all know about how how great he was in juniors, and then in the AHL playoffs, and his excellent pre-season; but underneath all of the hype of the other NHL super rookies, he's having himself an excellent start to the season.

Whenever you're discussing prospects, you must consider their adjustment time, but when I watch Richards, I have to keep reminding myself that he's only 20 years old. I know it's only been two games, but dare I say he's already a top-6 player. His talent in both ends of the ice is obvious, and he's already getting big PK minutes from Ken Hitchcock who's never been a fan of rookies. Offensively, he's been the best player for the Flyers other than Forsberg and Gagne. He absolutely ripped a shot over Weekes for his first career goal, and tonight against New Jersey had two beautiful cross-ice passes that set up goals. Beyond that, he's seems to be well supplied with the intangibles (i.e., physical play, leadership qualities, well liked by teammates already) which will only help him adapt to the NHL even faster.

He's already a fan favorite in Philadelphia, no question about it. I rarely get all googly eyed over prospects, but I think he can be a 70-point centerman who's strong on both ends of the ice, and providing he doesn't go anywhere, will be the captain of the Flyers after Primeau is gone without a doubt. To me, that sounds like first line material on most teams, as 70-points is not world beating, but pretty darn good. I guess the better terminology would be good 1st line center, very good second line center, and I'm extremely pleased that I'll be able to watch his development in Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
*1) better 3rd line checker? Richards
2) Scoring line center? Getzlaf
*3) Who is better defensivly? Tie. Slightly leaning towards Richards.
4) Who would you take as a 3rd line centre? Richards
5) Who would you take as a 1/2nd line centre? Getzlaf
6) Why? Getzlaf has more offensive weapons.
7) Better leader bar none Richards.

Liquidrage*

Richards is the most underrated prospect in the history of hockey and when it's all said and done we won't be discussing Richards name when it comes time to hand out the typical post-season awards. No, he'll be beyond meere hockey awards and will be collecting Nobels and Pulitzers.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brad said:
He's already a fan favorite in Philadelphia, no question about it. I rarely get all googly eyed over prospects, but I think he can be a 70-point centerman who's strong on both ends of the ice, and providing he doesn't go anywhere, will be the captain of the Flyers after Primeau is gone without a doubt. To me, that sounds like first line material on most teams, as 70-points is not world beating, but pretty darn good. I guess the better terminology would be good 1st line center, very good second line center, and I'm extremely pleased that I'll be able to watch his development in Philly.

I've been saying that for two years on these boards. But some people just continued to be blind to the offensive skills this guy has. The thing with Richards is that he does all the small things so well. He's an outstanding cycler along the boards. He plays all the angles of the ice perfectly. He's an incredibly smart hockey player and because of his high on ice IQ, he is able to put up points consistently. He is and he will be much more then just your average third line center in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad