Ryan Getzlaf erupts for 6 points against Albany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
The Hitmen could have used some of those points last year when he completely choked in games 6 and 7 vs Brandon...

Still, hell of a night for him. Glad he is doing well.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
RallyKiller said:
Getzlaf had a hattrick and three assists, Portland scored 9 goals against Albany.

in 10 games he has 23 points.

can't leave out the 5 by Perry including a short hander and 4 by Penner in the same game... Perry up to 22 in 11 games.

Randall Graves*

zetterberg40 said:
getz and perry deserve another call up and i bet they stick, anaheim could use the youth move
You won't find any objection from me, but unfortunately they are stuck in Portland until some of the vet forwards are moved..I'm looking forward to maybe seeing them on the same line in the NHL next year, but i'm not sure if all 3 can play together with their lack of speed.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Draft Guru said:
Never should have been sent down.

Last nine games in the NHL for Getzlaf: 3 points
Last twelve games for Perry: 2 points

Neither one had been playing well so the organization thought they were better off getting top minutes in the AHL. They deserve to be called back up, but it's not like either one was lighting it up in the NHL.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah deal Sykora to the Oilers for futures and free up some space for these 2!!! :) In all honesty, it is time for Peter to be dealt, and the Oilers could certainly use a shooting RW like himself.

Randall Graves*

thomasincanada said:
Wasn't Perry recovering from a concussion? Were they getting a lot of minutes?
One night Getzlaf would get first line minutes, the next he would barely play. Perry did indeed slow down after the concussion, but neither got alot of PP time either.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I just saw the results on the portland website and was gonna post the same thing.

Perry and Getz should be in the NHL, I hope Burke trades a forward or two to make room for them. They deserve to be on the 3rd line and work there way up from there w/ PP time.

Anaheim has a great future on forwards w/ Lupol, Perry, Getz and Ryan. I still think they should have picked Jack Johnson last year but if Ryan pans out to be a top player I won't complain.

Now they need some good young d to come up w/ Smid.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
RallyKiller said:
You won't find any objection from me, but unfortunately they are stuck in Portland until some of the vet forwards are moved..I'm looking forward to maybe seeing them on the same line in the NHL next year, but i'm not sure if all 3 can play together with their lack of speed.

Give us Sykora for Hossa and a late pick, please.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
trahans99 said:
Perry and Getz should be in the NHL, I hope Burke trades a forward or two to make room for them. They deserve to be on the 3rd line and work there way up from there w/ PP time.

As well as they are both doing in the AHL, I hope they both stay there. Putting them on the 3rd line in a checking role probably won't do anything for their future and could end up hampering them like some say the Rangers did with Malhotra, and what the Kings are presently doing to Dustin Brown.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Pete Rock said:
As well as they are both doing in the AHL, I hope they both stay there. Putting them on the 3rd line in a checking role probably won't do anything for their future and could end up hampering them like some say the Rangers did with Malhotra, and what the Kings are presently doing to Dustin Brown.
What the kings are doing to dustin brown? playing him in a role thats right now hes suited for? He hasnt exactly been lighting up the score sheet so hes playing a perfect role for his career right now

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
kingpest19 said:
What the kings are doing to dustin brown? playing him in a role thats right now hes suited for? He hasnt exactly been lighting up the score sheet so hes playing a perfect role for his career right now

At this point in his career I'll agree that he's best suited for 3rd line duty, but I certainly don't think it's best for his career. I don't think that 12:00 a game is what's best for a 20 year old with the potential of Dusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->