Player Discussion Ryan Donato

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I thought Heinen was pretty good last 2 games - great decisions with the puck
as much as I like Debrusk/Krejci/Nash I really think Heinen has shown enough chemistry with Krejci & Pasta at various points that I'd still love to see a Heinen/Krejci/Pasta line. those 3 are chess players out there.

Reactions: DKH

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Hopefully when the Bruins enter the playoffs we will see:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
DeBrusk Krecji Nash
Donato Nash Backes
Henien Kuraly Gionta
Schaller Wingels Acciari

Chara McAvoy
Holden Carlo
Krug Miller
Grzelcyk McQuaid

Rask
Kuhdobin

Some serious depth.

Reactions: Strafer and pkunit

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
so excited about Donato. I voted that he'd sign an ELC & join the Bruins in @Dom - OHL 's poll the other day. If the Bruins were healthy right now I would have voted ATO, but with all the injuries I had a strong suspicion they'd bring him in. Sweeney & co seem to really believe this team has a chance and are doing everything they can to cover all the bases depth-wise so I saw no way he'd leave a talent like Donato off the table if he had the chance to add him now. With Bergy/Debrusk/Backes out right now it's the perfect chance to get him some reps and even if he doesn't play when everyone is healthy he's an ace in the hole ala 2011 Seguin and gets a head start on next year ala McAvoy.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I cracked up when I read this because that era is when I became a Bruins fan as a kid and I have that mullet burned into my memory.

Same here, I don’t even remember Juneau the player. Just the hair. That was when I was like 7

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

DeBrusk Krecji Nash
Donato Nash Backes
Henien Kuraly Gionta
Schaller Wingels Acciari

Chara McAvoy
Holden Carlo
Krug Miller
Grzelcyk McQuaid

Rask
Kuhdobin

Some serious depth.
Five lines deep!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

DeBrusk Krecji Nash
Donato Nash Backes
Henien Kuraly Gionta
Schaller Wingels Acciari

Chara McAvoy
Holden Carlo
Krug Miller
Grzelcyk McQuaid

Rask
Kuhdobin

Some serious depth.

Cassidy isn't going to destroy his 4th line....A 4th line that is one of the better 4th lines in the league, and has been a line he's relied on all year.

Reactions: Budddy

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I bet Bergeron really feels old now lol. Played with his dad his rookie year.
Here's one of Ryan with Jumbo Joe and Samsonov.

Donato4.jpg

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Cassidy isn't going to destroy his 4th line....A 4th line that is one of the better 4th lines in the league, and has been a line he's relied on all year.

Anything can happen in the playoffs. A line of Henien Kuraly Gionta or Wingels- gives the Bruins a more offensive group that can make a difference in a playoff series versus Schaller Kuraly Acciari.

Reactions: Estlin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
As for Donato, No expectations. If he struggles, nothing lost. If he succeeds, then found value. The Bruins are already hurting and the playoffs will bring even more potential injuries. Being able to put a good player in that spot will be a great safety net.

It’s one game.
It’s his first game.
If it were me, I stick Donato between Marchand and Pastrnak. Why not?

He would be super pumped and play fine.

Being a center an NHL Center is very hard. No need to put him against top competition when it's not even a sure thing he will be a center at the NHL level. He'll come in on LW.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
It’s one game.
It’s his first game.
If it were me, I stick Donato between Marchand and Pastrnak. Why not?

He would be super pumped and play fine.

I think that’s asking to much and doesn’t give him a chance to do what he can do. Marchand and pastrnak cast some pretty big shadows. With backes and Bergeron out, I’d put Riley back up with Marchand and pasta.
Krejci with heinen and Nash (in the scenario that donato is a center and not a wing, I’d honestly like him at LW on that line) then Gionta and wingels with donato. Donato knows Gionta a little bit, which should help. Both wingels and Gionta are vets who hopefully can cover for some rookie mistakes, and have enough skill to create a few chances for donato in the offensive zone

Reactions: HustleB and Thrive

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
you are way too logical. I agree, I just think for game 1? It would be a great opportunity for him.

Well, my second option would be to put him on the left with Krejci and Nash.

Heinen with Wingels and Gionta
Nash on the top line.
4th line the same.

That all said - deep down I know the logical spot is on the left with Wingels and Gionta. It’s just not as much fun!

Reactions: DrJustice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad