Ryan Depape

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24090

rw 6'2 215lbs, former 4th overall bantam pick, broke out this year, ppg player, stands his ground at the front of the net, and has fought many times. definatly heart and soul, and can skate well too. was eligible last year, im unsure if he wasnt picked or if he opted out last year. definatly worth taking a flyer on and could be a sleeper. teamate matt robertson could be a decent pick too.
is there many others who think depape should be drafted this year ?

nags

Sep 27, 2006

rw 6'2 215lbs, former 4th overall bantam pick, broke out this year, ppg player, stands his ground at the front of the net, and has fought many times. definatly heart and soul, and can skate well too. was eligible last year, im unsure if he wasnt picked or if he opted out last year. definatly worth taking a flyer on and could be a sleeper. teamate matt robertson could be a decent pick too.

Well he played with Toews during his bantam year and scored a pile of goals as a result. That is why he was drafted so high in the WHL draft.

I'm surprised that you consider his skating good because it was a definite weakness a few years ago. He must have worked on it since then.

Who knows, maybe he'll be another Dustin Penner.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well he played with Toews during his bantam year and scored a pile of goals as a result. That is why he was drafted so high in the WHL draft.

I'm surprised that you consider his skating good because it was a definite weakness a few years ago. He must have worked on it since then.

Who knows, maybe he'll be another Dustin Penner.

Are you sure he played with Toews the whole time? That'd explain it, but I'm not 100% sure about that... if you are, my bad!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Are you sure he played with Toews the whole time? That'd explain it, but I'm not 100% sure about that... if you are, my bad!

Yeah they were line mates on the Winnipeg Warriors AAA Bantam team in 02-03.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
yup he played his entire life growing up with toews until their 15 year old season. when he went to notre dame and toews went to shattuck. they are good friends apparantly. id say he is a guy that id like my canucks to seriously look at in about round 5

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
yup he played his entire life growing up with toews until their 15 year old season. when he went to notre dame and toews went to shattuck. they are good friends apparantly. id say he is a guy that id like my canucks to seriously look at in about round 5

How we drafted Evan Fuller over him last draft is inexplicable. DePape can handle himself with the gloves off - which is why we took Fuller in the first place. Another example of why Delorme should be scouting for the bantam girls softball team, not the Vancouver Canucks.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
How we drafted Evan Fuller over him last draft is inexplicable. DePape can handle himself with the gloves off - which is why we took Fuller in the first place. Another example of why Delorme should be scouting for the bantam girls softball team, not the Vancouver Canucks.

lol yeah, im hoping we get depape in with one of our 2 picks in the 5th round, im also hoping we can get matt robertson late say 7th round steal type thing) as long as we stay away from gillies i'll be pretty happy too

timlap

Jun 19, 2002

Thanks for pointing out Depape, danno. He sounds interesting. One point of clarification- there is no such thing as opting out (or in, as used to be the case) since the new CBA. So he was definitely passed over last year. :)

Last edited:

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Thanks for pointing out Depape, danno. He sounds interesting. One point of clarification- there is no such thing as opting out (or in, as used to be the case) since the new CBA. So he was definitely passed over last year. :)

you cant opt out ? i have never heard this before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad