RW Vitaly Kravtsov - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2018, 9th, NYR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I guess Grant posted this judging by the pre-game lineups, in the game itself, Kravtsov had 7th TOI between forwards, so hard to call that a 4th line demotion.
Also this coach managed to put this team into the 2nd round with young guys like Kravtsov being it's stars. Team is exceeding expectations(and playing some great hockey), but yeah, blame the coach.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Terrible news, takes the fun right out of the playoffs now. Anyways, here is an older video highlight from last years MHL playoffs

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
0 points in last 7 games. Sometimes showed good hockey, but last games were very difficult for such a young guy.
Nevertheless, Vitaly said that he will stay in Traktor for at least one year because he is not good enough for NHL. It will be interesting year with good icetime.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It's interesting to note though he also scored in last year's playoffs. He's evidently got a knack for the big games
Scoring one goal can be an accident. Scoring 13pts is different. He is okay. As the pressure went up he had to learn the tough way what men's hockey is like. Their line with Kruchinin was basically neutralized all series long except for few chances they could not bury. Next season he won't be an unknown on the ice and will have to rise to the occasion. I am confident he will. He also won't turn 19 till the end of December. His development curve looks good so far.

With 2-3 more years in the KHL he might turn out a gem.

Last edited:
Reactions: hi

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Scoring one goal can be an accident. Scoring 13pts is different. He is okay. As the pressure went up he had to learn the tough way what men's hockey is like. Their line with Kruchinin was basically neutralized all series long except for few chances they could not bury. Next season he won't be an unknown on the ice and will have to rise to the occasion. I am confident he will. He also won't turn 19 till the end of December. His development curve looks good so far.

With 2-3 more years in the KHL he might turn out a gem.
There's only so much you can expect out of an 18-year-old in the best European pro league in the world, but it's the fact that his numbers seem to sky-rocket in the playoffs that I like, whether that's a coincidence or not.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
more like nichushking/guryanov. so much hype only to ultimately fail. that's kravtsov for me too.

I disagree. I like Kravtsov because he has shown the ability to produce at a high level. He is not just a good looking player with a couple of moves. He sees the ice better than Nichushkin or Guryanov and has better decision making skills.

Not saying that I am completely convinced he is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I am very impressed by what he has done in the last month which is more compelling than Guryanov's fluky 6 goals in 6 games at the U18s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->