RW Patrik Laine - Tappara, Liiga (2016 Draft) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Really starting to heat up post WJC. Same with Puljujärvi.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
This guy is destroying it right now. He is making strong run to challenge Matthews.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
^

Damn, if he just elevated that it would've gone in for sure. He looked gassed though so in that sense a very expected finish.

Glad to see Laine finding his groove as far as consistency goes. Wasn't he like around 0.5 PPG at one point ? Now 27 points in 33 games.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think Laine has better chance to make the team Finland than Puljujarvi this season. They always seem to lack snipers.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Failed the 1on1 with goalie again..

Everytime when i read your any post related to Laine when he is playing awesome i see bitterness. It shines through your every post. He is outplaying your golden boy Puljujärvi in the Liiga that is the fact. No need to downplay him. I think Puljujärvi has proved alot after the WJC and have warmed for him. Being finnish i just enjoy them pushing eachother to squeeze their potential out of themselves. They are competitive kids and want to be the best. To me it's clear that Laine is obviously more talented than Puljujärvi. If you think same about Puljujärvi then it's ok. I just enjoy watching both. If you want to debate and start a discussion then do it in mature way. How you do it right now just tells whole picture about your intelligence to do it. I remember you being fairly smart guy with great views and points but right now i just see a bitter man.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
6 games in nine days. 4 games in last 5 days. And he is 17 year old playing in the mens league and he has averaged 18,39 minutes TOI in those 6 games.

So I think it's not surprising he has looked tired.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think Laine has better chance to make the team Finland than Puljujarvi this season. They always seem to lack snipers.

Only if Tappara get eliminated from the finals and he gets to play on the double headers vs Czechs and/or Russia. Those are the only potential games where he could get a look at.

armyjoe

Nov 15, 2010
what`s your view on Laine? I remember you being very high on Barkov and we know where he is now and where he is trending. So is Laine, even though he is different type of a player, in the same category as a prospect as Barkov was?

SpinninRodIntoArmpit

Apr 8, 2015
what`s your view on Laine? I remember you being very high on Barkov and we know where he is now and where he is trending. So is Laine, even though he is different type of a player, in the same category as a prospect as Barkov was?

Not him, but having watched both of them closely I'd say Laine is in the same tier with Barkov. Some of his assets are better, some worse – they're different kind of players, but both project to franchise players pre-draft. Laine reminds me of Malkin from players I've seen live.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Unreal talent. Definitely a better prospect compared to Puljujärvi.

Yeah, and what is the most important thing to take away from these past 4 games: Even though he has not been at his best, and espcially in this game he was out of gas. That will eventually happen in NHL as well, 82 games is a lot. Despite these factors, he was able to produce.

This is a vital "attribute" for a scoring line player in a long season. Tells a lot about his skill level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad