RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I was looking at his EP page. I was surprised that he didn't play in any WJC's. Is there a reason? First round pick, good player, whats the reason?

Russian that came over to North America at a young age at a time when the guys running the Russian junior team frowned heavily upon doing that.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I was looking at his EP page. I was surprised that he didn't play in any WJC's. Is there a reason? First round pick, good player, whats the reason?

He was desapointing in the super serie, easily out of balance and falling alot on the ice.. Personally I wasnt surprised they didnt select him.. That kid is very skilled but he has to spend more time in the gym to fill his frame.. Though once he gets stronger I think his potential is huge..

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
There was also the fact he was born on December 30th. If he was born only 2 days later, Russia most likely takes him for their WJC team last winter. Alas, he wasn't eligible.

Video of his recent work:

55 seconds mark and 1:26 in that last one

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
promising:naughty:

he should def make the team on 3rd/4th line next year so he can learn to play against bigger guy

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Russian that came over to North America at a young age at a time when the guys running the Russian junior team frowned heavily upon doing that.

Russia tends to favor MHL/KHL players over prospects that cross the pond.

C'mon guys, enough with the nonsense.

Scherbak got on Bragin's **** list for choosing not to attend WJC Summer Camp (with exhibition games against Canada/Sweden).
Even so, an over-accommodating Bragin gave Scherbak another opportunity at the Subway Series but he didn't do much of anything.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Russia tends to favor MHL/KHL players over prospects that cross the pond.

This stupid BS never gonna die right? Stop repeating this nonsense.

Bragin is just good at evaluating players.

Pavel Buchnevich a 75th overal pick is playing where?

Scherbak got cut because he wasn't good enough. And he is still trying to find his path to the NHL, while he was a touted first rounder.

Last edited:

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
This stupid BS never gonna die right? Stop repeating this nonsense.

Bragin is just good at evaluating players.

Pavel Buchnevich a 75th overal pick is playing where?

Scherbak got cut because he wasn't good enough. And he is still trying to find his path to the NHL, while he was a touted first rounder.

Buchnevich is also a year older hockey wise

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
WJCs are irrelevant anyway, and even in the case that what you said is true, he compares entirely well to guys like Goldobin and Barbashev today

If WJCs are irrelevant, let's scrap them alltogether as well as all junior tournaments.Meaningless.:sarcasm:

Goldobin is clearly ahead of Scherbak now, but not by much. Barbashev is behind. It's prospect development.

AND you can't compare diefferent positions in that case. The coaching staff was assembling a team, not picking the best overall players.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Can't wait to see him play.

I had the chance to meet him at the summer bootcamp in Quebec City. A very classy and funny guy and definitely one of the biggest talent there. Hope he can put it all together and be a player.

Go Scherbak !!

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
First of many I hope. Did he really play on PK? Didn't know that was part of his ability.
This is probable because of a lot of PK time for Canadiens in the game.
Only Farnham and McCarron didn't get any PK time.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
He did not play on the PK.

NHL.com had all kinds of problems tracking ice time all night for that game. At one point in the 2nd period, they had 3 or 4 Habs having already played 28-30 minutes each, lol.

It was a very nice goal, you saw how raw he is the rest of the night though. He still needs quite a bit of AHL time.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully he can pick up a few things from Radulov. Especially on the on ice drive/forecheck/backcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad