RW/LW Valentin Zykov (2013, 37th, LAK; 2016 trade, CAR; claimed by EDM; claimed by VGK)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So what does he project to become?

I remember him having a great rookie season in the Q, and then seemed to fall of a cliff as he was coming up through the ranks with LA.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm seeing him as something like a premium 4th liner who can move up to the third if needed. His game reminded me a little bit of Victor Stalberg. Honestly, I'd be a little surprised if he doesn't make the Canes next year, he seems ready and they need size in the lineup.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'm seeing him as something like a premium 4th liner who can move up to the third if needed. His game reminded me a little bit of Victor Stalberg. Honestly, I'd be a little surprised if he doesn't make the Canes next year, he seems ready and they need size in the lineup.

Robo - I think you're underselling him a bit. He's got one of the best, if not the best wrist shot on the Checkers. He plays a solidly physical game and skates much better that many originally thought. I think he projects as a middle six RW and between he and Lucas Wallmark probably have the best shots of any forwards on the Charlotte squad of graduating to the big club next season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is good to hear as it was kind of his projection in the first place--middle six winger who can play up if needed. Was always responsible, always took leadership roles at Kings camp, can bang and work in the corners--almost certain to be an NHLer, ultimate ceiling TBD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad