RW Kole Lind - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017, 33rd, VAN, selected by SEA)

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
You do realize Heiskanen, who is a year younger is currently putting up better numbers right.

The other thing is, how many elite Finnish defenders have their been, and how many of them played in SM-Liiga at 19? Ristolainen came over immediately. Your basically left with Vatanen had a higher PPG at 19, and the same one Juolevi currently has as a 18 year old. Here's a full list of U-20 defenders and their scoring in the Liiga.

Eliteprospects.com - All-Time Stats and Leaders from Liiga

There are currently 6 active NHL defenders from Finland. Vatanen, Ristolainen, Nutivaara, Esa Lindell and Julius Honka. Of those, only Vatanen, Nutivaara, and Esa Lindell played in SM-Liiga at 19.
Heisk also plays for Abetter team playing top mins Salon focusing on development the fact he is putting up huge numbers while focusing on D is that much more impressive. Get your facts straight buddy.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Heisk also plays for Abetter team playing top mins Salon focusing on development the fact he is putting up huge numbers while focusing on D is that much more impressive. Get your facts straight buddy.
Yet, I'm responding to someone who pointed directly to numbers? Can you please point me to quantitative numbers that are historic for an U-20 player in the SM-Liiga. I'll be waiting.

I wouldn't call .55ppg huge numbers either.

But, whatever, you've clearly decided where you stand on this.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
You do realize Heiskanen, who is a year younger is currently putting up better numbers right.

The other thing is, how many elite Finnish defenders have their been, and how many of them played in SM-Liiga at 19? Ristolainen came over immediately. Your basically left with Vatanen had a higher PPG at 19, and the same one Juolevi currently has as a 18 year old. Here's a full list of U-20 defenders and their scoring in the Liiga.

Eliteprospects.com - All-Time Stats and Leaders from Liiga

There are currently 6 active NHL defenders from Finland. Vatanen, Ristolainen, Nutivaara, Esa Lindell and Julius Honka. Of those, only Vatanen, Nutivaara, and Esa Lindell played in SM-Liiga at 19.
Ouch dawg. way to dull his shine :P

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Wow. Talk about a victim complex. Calling people a troll then resorting to this. Seems like you have an issue with the Leafs, more than any I have with the Canucks.

My point was that he didn't have the best numbers for his age group. I've probably seen more of Juolevi than you. Considering I saw a bunch of his games for the Knights, and pretty much every WJC game he has played over the past 3 years.
Don't hater theLeafs just the fans who comment on stuff they have no clue about. I watched him 4 times this year in Finland. London?that was 2yearsa go dude.you know when he was considered the best D in the draft.

Sorry if I was being rude to you just tired of Leaf fans crapping on Van's prospects.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Yet, I'm responding to someone who pointed directly to numbers? Can you please point me to quantitative numbers that are historic for an U-20 player in the SM-Liiga. I'll be waiting.

I wouldn't call .55ppg huge numbers either.

But, whatever, you've clearly decided where you stand on this.
.55 is misleading since he went like 10 games without getting A point. since then he has been the #1 D under 20 for points. While like I said Salo works on the rest of his game. ps .55 is still pretty good.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Care to wipe the bright red a**-shaped koolaid moustache off your face and elaborate?

Without delving too deep, Vatanen’s 19 year old season was far superior, and Heiskanen is killing his season as an 18yo, and arguably beat it as a 17yo.

Juolevi is having a moderately better developmental year than last, but he’s still a massive let down at his draft position.
How can someone who is playing against men and putting up good numbers while playing very good D is A letdown? How about letting him play in the NHL before judging if he wasn't worth the pick

Also, He put on 20lbs last summer and needed time to adjust to that.

besser

Dec 27, 2017
Vancouver
Don't hater theLeafs just the fans who comment on stuff they have no clue about. I watched him 4 times this year in Finland. London?that was 2yearsa go dude.you know when he was considered the best D in the draft.

Sorry if I was being rude to you just tired of Leaf fans crapping on Van's prospects.
Well they're the fanbase that suggested Matthews>McDavid and also said that Kapanen was gonna score 60+ points this year, so take what they say with a HEAPING SCOOP of salt, the delusion runs wild in Leaf Land

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
.55 is misleading since he went like 10 games without getting A point. since then he has been the #1 D under 20 for points. While like I said Salo works on the rest of his game. ps .55 is still pretty good.
The point was the original poster pointed to quantitative qualifications for his opinion, which I don't see as actually based in fact, unless there are some numbers I am not aware of or are not publicly available. It was also pointing to the fact, even if he has good numbers there, its not like its measured against elite players, which has to be taken in context.

I liked Juolevi as a prospect, I'm still optimistic he can become a solid number 2 (I don't think he has the offensive instincts to be a play driving all situations number 1).

If I really wanted to troll, I would have brought up all the players Van passed on followed by what a bust. Which in my opinion is stupid and just devisive. Instead, I tried to actually research the claim and put it in historical perspective.

Reactions: flying v 604

besser

Dec 27, 2017
Vancouver
The point was the original poster pointed to quantitative qualifications for his opinion, which I don't see as actually based in fact, unless there are some numbers I am not aware of or are not publicly available. It was also pointing to the fact, even if he has good numbers there, its not like its measured against elite players, which has to be taken in context.

I liked Juolevi as a prospect, I'm still optimistic he can become a solid number 2 (I don't think he has the offensive instincts to be a play driving all situations number 1).

If I really wanted to troll, I would have brought up all the players Van passed on followed by what a bust. Which in my opinion is stupid and just devisive. Instead, I tried to actually research the claim and put it in historical perspective.

Whats your opinion on Liljegren? What does he project to be in your eyes?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
your point? its called getting hi,m playing against men while avoiding the crap in Van. The guy is putting up great numbers on both sides of the puck. Have you actually ever watched him? or are you just another troll who hates because your best D prospect cant even play D? Before you throw stones go and watch A few games he plays in. Next year he will be on the team and ytou pathetic bunch of trolls will still have polack. Maybe ytou can bring Dion back. He would become your #1in A heartbeat.
You need to calm down

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014

If I really wanted to troll, I would have brought up all the players Van passed on followed by what a bust. Which in my opinion is stupid and just divisive. Instead, I tried to actually research the claim and put it in historical perspective.
I humbly apologize. I'm so used to leaf fans being A-holes I just assumed that you were one too, and for that I am sorry. As for Oj. If he can put up 40-45 points A year and play D like the players he has been compared to then that will be A great pick longterm. Maybe not the sexiest of picks but every team needs that kind of player on their team. being A leafs fan I'm sure you could agree on that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Whats your opinion on Liljegren? What does he project to be in your eyes?
Why you guys being so salty you dont know who this 93Leafs guy is he aint no Canuck hater he follows prospects as good as just about anyone take a look at his posts before just assuming cause of his team :facepalm:

Reactions: Mr Plow

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
lol the classic "his point are misleading because he didnt score during a bunch of games. Just remove the games where he didnt score and his PPG is way better

Reactions: Krnuckfan

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
How can someone who is playing against men and putting up good numbers while playing very good D is A letdown? How about letting him play in the NHL before judging if he wasn't worth the pick

Also, He put on 20lbs last summer and needed time to adjust to that.

He's a bust. Terrible on defence and getting played bottom pairing minutes in his d+ 2 year. Sounds like you have no idea what prospect development should look like.

Heiskanen is blowing away Juolevi's season while being drafted 1 year later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->