RW Kole Lind - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017, 33rd, VAN, selected by SEA)

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I know he plays wing, but it would be interesting to see how he'd fare as a center. He certainly seems proficient in setting players up as a traditional center would do.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
upload_2017-12-17_11-5-10.png

Kole Lind is smashing it

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Another hat trick tonight.

Has 7 goals and 11 points in 4 games since cut from Canada. All thus without Dube too.

Up to 47 points in 27 whl games. Wow.

Reactions: OEL for Norris

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
It's even more impressive when you factor in the Mono effected games ( played 8 games with suspected un-diagnosed mono).

First 12Gp (No mono) - 8G 14A, 22Pts 44SoG 1.83Ppg 3.66Spg
Next 8Gp (with mono) - 3G 7A 10Pts 24SoG 1.25Ppg 3Spg
Current 7Gp (3 Pre/4 post WJ camp) - 9G 6A 15Pts 35SoG 2.14Ppg 5Spg

Impressive.

***Edit*** - For those who care, 44 of 47 points have been primary, so only 3 secondary assists in there.

Last edited:

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
What an interesting prospect

1. not a traditional checker or PF, but has GRIT to his game. a real meanstreak ala Ryan Kesler
2. trending well. He wasnt highly touted as a 15/16 yr old but took huge strides in his draft year and an even bigger stride in his D+1 year. This is when he SHOULD be trending up ..and not plateauing so this is promising
3. decent size at 6'1 , 180lb as a 18yr old
4. can produce big offence. impressive stat line

can't help but think he has legit NHL top 6 potential (maybe more if he keeps trending this well)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Another 4 points tonight. The Canucks might have a steal here. Which junior checkboxes does he need to hit at this point?

play a full 60 minutes.

choose his battles, (dude decided to fight when his team was winning by 4 at one time).

stay away from late hits. his desire to hit people at times has costed him penalties with late hits, or when the puck was long gone.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
play a full 60 minutes.

choose his battles, (dude decided to fight when his team was winning by 4 at one time).

stay away from late hits. his desire to hit people at times has costed him penalties with late hits, or when the puck was long gone.
Stop your continus hate on Lind please. This is getting exhausting now :shakehead

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Well, he's being realistic. That's what Lind does and he's had these habits for a while.

he's getting back at me for when I call him off for continuing slamming other canuck prospects/ players.

I am very much a huge Lind fan.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
When I watched Lind last year my NHL draft comparable was Jordan Eberle. What do u guys think about that? I loved how smart lind was and how he scored or set others up using deception and making smart “hockey plays” rather than relying on physical tools. If he can continue to develop physically which he should. I really think he’ll have a shot at being a heady playmaking 2nd line winger or an oshie/eberle esque complimentary top line winger.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
play a full 60 minutes.

The last 2 points are very normal for a kid that age. If anything, I see it as something positive, he has a physical side he is not afraid to use, discipline comes (easily) with time for some players.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
When I watched Lind last year my NHL draft comparable was Jordan Eberle. What do u guys think about that? I loved how smart lind was and how he scored or set others up using deception and making smart “hockey plays” rather than relying on physical tools. If he can continue to develop physically which he should. I really think he’ll have a shot at being a heady playmaking 2nd line winger or an oshie/eberle esque complimentary top line winger.
From what I've seen of him, he plays a bigger, chippier game than those guys -- more involved physically.

He's also 6'1 or 6'2 and will probably play at 200lbs

Reactions: cc and 99664987

cc

Feb 28, 2002
From what I've seen of him, he plays a bigger, chippier game than those guys -- more involved physically.

He's also 6'1 or 6'2 and will probably play at 200lbs

Agreed. From I can see from my brief exposure to his game, he can be a bit of a troll on the ice and he seems to mix it up fairly often.
Eberle always seemed too nice on the ice which was often seen as a lack of competitiveness.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Alex burrows comparable?

I think he has a lot more pure skill then Burrows, Burrows put up most of his points through sheer will and hustle with a little bit of skill mixed in.

I see a Matthew Tkachuk light in him. A rangy skilled winger that is as good of a playmaker as a shooter. Doesn't have any elite tools like skating, size, shooting or puck handling but has more than adequate tools in each department. Excellent offensive insticts and loves to get under the oppositions skin with chippy play and endless shit talking. I don't see Lind being nearly as shitty as Tkachuk but I don't see him being nearly as good as him either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad