RW Kole Lind - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2017, 33rd, VAN, selected by SEA)

Bhrangerfan0809

Jan 20, 2013
He goes to the same highschool as me and he says he is projected to go top ten in next years dub draft is this true and if so does he have high end talent that could make it to the NHL?

Looks like he will get drafted in 2017. 24 points in 35 games for Kelowna this year according to EP.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Lind is an interesting player who I think has definite NHL potential. As of right now he is playing on a line with the WHL's leading scorer in Tyson Baillie and a very talented player in Dillon Dube. He certainly does not carry the play with those two but also does not look out of place..

My report would generally be that he:

- Has a great one timer and a very good shot in general but I really love his release on the one timer.
- In general is a fantastic goal scorer - I believe he paced the SMHL for goals last season
- Very intelligent player..Kelowna rarely plays rookies in their top 6 unless they deserve it. Lind wasn't even a high bantam pick so his place with Baillie and Dube is a testament to his hard work since that draft
- He is a strong skater who shows great command of his edgework and lateral motion.
- Has a good frame - could see him getting up to 6'3 and 210+

Things he needs to work on:

- D-zone play is a work in progress
- Would like to see him more involved physically but I suspect this will come as he grows and gets more comfortable playing in the W
- Can get rattled/caught up in some shenanigans - which again is both a product of his age and lack of familiarity with the league.

No doubt in my mind he is a first round consideration for next year as it stands today

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Great game tonight with 1G+3A. Was outstanding in all zones of the ice and played with more of an edge. Is up to ppg on the year now with 6G+8A in 14 games. Seems like a late 1st to mid 2nd guy as of right now.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Great game tonight with 1G+3A. Was outstanding in all zones of the ice and played with more of an edge. Is up to ppg on the year now with 6G+8A in 14 games. Seems like a late 1st to mid 2nd guy as of right now.
Also leading the Kelowna Rockets in scoring.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Lind has been solid with Dube out and Merkley struggling. Been a big part of the Rockets resurgence recently after a brutal start to the season. I think he a late 1st-2nd variable kind of pick; exactly in the range of Merkley and Dube in the past 2 years.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I like Lind. He's highly intelligent, he can skate very well, and can score. To me, he looks like a guy that knows exactly what he's doing when hops over the boards. Just seems very confident.

As mentioned above, his D zone play and tendency to let players get under his skin need tending to, but both are not enough to raise red flags for me.

Strikes me as the kind of pick that is very safe, but also one that has a quietly steep upside. Kind of like a 25-40 pick that becomes of great value to the team that takes him.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Dear fans of the team that drafts Kole Lind,

Please make his nickname "oscopy"

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Looking great right now playing on a line with Dube and Nolan Foote, points in 11 of his last 13 games.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Him, the Foote's and Kryski pretty much by themselves got Kelowna a point tonight. Lind was obviously great with 1G+3A but his improvement away from the puck has been nice as the season has progressed. No one has him in their top 31(yet) but he's someone who should be a 1st rounder come June. Would love if he fell to the early 2nd so the Avs could take him though.

Stat line at 18G+23A in 32 games so far for those who just scout box scores

LUV Carti*

Mar 3, 2017
Kiss Land
What's the word on this kid? 81 points in 67 games is pretty decent. 77 Pims / 6'1

Was ranked 16th on ISS' top 31 (ahead of Necas, Suzuki and Yamamoto)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Looks like a player who can definitely play first line minutes. Not a guy to drive a line, more of joining into plays and has to play with a number one centre in order to be very successful.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Lind has outplayed Glass so far in the Portland series, and pretty significantly. Will be an interesting next 2 games for them in Portland. A lot of scouts in the stands for the first two

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So what's the story on this guy? Just doing stat watching seems like his PPG is on par with other higher rated players, seems like the only thing that might be considered a negative compared to those guys would be he is a late born 98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->