RW Jesse Ylonen - Laval Rocket, AHL (2018, 35th, MTL)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Really like his game so far at the U18' 5 points in 4 games. Great skater, fast, makes good passes with the puck, resposible and good puck handler. Could improve his shot though.

His assist to Heiskanen today was really nice

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Really like his game so far at the U18' 5 points in 4 games. Great skater, fast, makes good passes with the puck, resposible and good puck handler. Could improve his shot though.

His assist to Heiskanen today was really nice

He is also very slight. I think his shot will get better once he gets some muscle. I really like his playmaking and I think he'll end up as more of playmaker. His smoothness with the puck reminds me of Hemsky.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
First time I've seen him play and was very impressed! Nifty and smart player, I will keep an eye on him!

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He is also very slight. I think his shot will get better once he gets some muscle. I really like his playmaking and I think he'll end up as more of playmaker. His smoothness with the puck reminds me of Hemsky.

I've legit only seen that gif but the gif showed some Aho-like creativity and patience with the puck; not just mindless passing.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
First time I've seen him play and was very impressed! Nifty and smart player, I will keep an eye on him!

You will have difficulties to follow Jesse Ylönen's games next season if he won't come to North America ( USHL or CHL) and if he won't get selected Finland's world juniors team.
North American sport channels won't broadcast FEL or Mestis games in North America and streams are hard to find.
Espoo Blues juniors have produced a lot players like Eeli Tolvanen and Kasper Kotkansalo, to North American junior leagues ( USHL) and NCAA.

Lets wait and see what route Jesse Ylonen selects and where he'll play his draft season ( 2017-2018).
Jesse Ylonen would have been draft eligible this summer ( born 1999) but he's late birthday ( born in October) that's why he's draft eligible next summer ( 2018).

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
RW Jesse Ylonen - Espoo United, Mestis (2018 Draft)

Impressed by what I saw from this guy in the U18's. Really speedy and skilled winger.

15 goals and 31 points in 37 games in the finnish junior league. 4 goals and 9 points at the U18 WC.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=299117

Any finns can chime in on this guy and provide a good scouting report and projection? Potential 1st rounder?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Jesse Ylonen scored his first mestis regular season goal vs Imatran Kettera in Friday's mestis game.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Scored 1+1 tonight's mestis game vs Kiekko-Vantaa.
After 18 mestis games Ylönen's points are 4+6 =10

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He’s not getting much hype, I like his smart winger style of play though. Early 2nd rounder right now, but one of those goes that isn’t out of place in the 1st round.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
He’s not getting much hype, I like his smart winger style of play though. Early 2nd rounder right now, but one of those goes that isn’t out of place in the 1st round.

Mestis where Jesse plays is Finland's 2nd league after SM liiga.
It's nearly impossible to watch mestis games in online because streams are hard to find and North American sport channels won't broadcast live coverage's on mestis game in North America and fanseat.com costs.

If you wanna see Jesse Ylonen playing your only hope is wish that he makes Finland's world junior roster.
And that's not sure yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad