RW Jesse Puljujarvi - Bakersfield Condors, AHL (2016, 4th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He had a slow start but what I've read he's started to wake up, has been shooting like crazy but just hasn't been able to score.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Almost gave up on him after seeing him at worlds this spring. Zero development throughout the season as well as this summer and worked on nothing that required working on. Same problems. Seems like a very dumb player who either doesn't care or just doesn't know how to train to improve. I have almost no hope for him at this point in time unless he's able to show me he's actually worked on some of the obvious issues that he's had for years.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ive never really been a fan of his game... even leading up to the draft I didn't really see that huge skill. Just seems like he battles the puck and kind of has a low IQ... I really HOPE I am wrong and just saw a lot of his quieter games, but I still have high hope for him.... Id like to see him get called up here soon and see what he's got!!!

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Almost gave up on him after seeing him at worlds this spring. Zero development throughout the season as well as this summer and worked on nothing that required working on. Same problems. Seems like a very dumb player who either doesn't care or just doesn't know how to train to improve. I have almost no hope for him at this point in time unless he's able to show me he's actually worked on some of the obvious issues that he's had for years.
Amother one bites the bust

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Looked excellent on McDavids wind for about 7 games last season. Was near ppg iirc. Was obviously then demoted to 10 mins a night playing with garbage offensive players.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
His career will be saved playing with McDavid. Even Nail Yakupov would likely still be on the Oilers and playing with McDavid now if he was 6'4 and not quite as dumb. Jesse is still a smarter 2 way player than Nail.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is this guy busting hard?

5 points in 10 games, 1 goal only. Very underwhelming progress considering he was going head to head with Laine.
He is playing pretty well and getting lots of shots on net but like the Oilers big team, can't seem to score.
Getting outplayed by Ty Rattie right now probably doesn't help.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I was disappointed to hear the Oilers commentators call out Puljujärvi for his lack of effort (although I don't know whether they have actually watched him or just the stats). I've also heard from personal sources who know Puljujärvi that he has become somewhat arrogant during the last couple of years. It's very surprising, as he always struck me as a humble guy who loves hockey.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
His last 3 points have all been from the PP. Doesn't have an even strength point since the 2nd game of the season.

I'm sure he'll have better production as the season progresses but yikes.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
I cannot thin any other player who has great vision but bad IQ is this the thing. Because he can give Datsukian passes but still seems to lack hockey IQ.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I still remember how much smoother he looked with the puck around 2015. It was discussed at some point that he uses a too long stick, could it actually be that?

As a sidenote, now that I rewatched the 2015 WJC highlights, I think Carolina can thank Puljujärvi for getting Aho in the 2nd round. If Puljujärvi scored on his chances, Aho would have had a ton of assists and he would have probably had a lot more attention.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Jesse better text Bratt and get the contact info for that mental coach Bratt hired that everyones been talking about that changed his game completely

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I still remember how much smoother he looked with the puck around 2015. It was discussed at some point that he uses a too long stick, could it actually be that?

As a sidenote, now that I rewatched the 2015 WJC highlights, I think Carolina can thank Puljujärvi for getting Aho in the 2nd round. If Puljujärvi scored on his chances, Aho would have had a ton of assists and he would have probably had a lot more attention.
ehhmm u do realize the Canes drafted aho before Pulji's draft? lol

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I was disappointed to hear the Oilers commentators call out Puljujärvi for his lack of effort (although I don't know whether they have actually watched him or just the stats). I've also heard from personal sources who know Puljujärvi that he has become somewhat arrogant during the last couple of years. It's very surprising, as he always struck me as a humble guy who loves hockey.
I tried telling people that Jarmo would be better at recognizing character flaws in him than other GMs because of the language barrier but people were so set on him being so much better than anyone else that it didn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->