RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Keeping up his shot production with 3 shots so far in 2 periods. They haven't been hopeless attempts either. Liking his consistency.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Hard to call his skating "weak". He is flying out there.

So true. Watched the game and even though he didn't get much ice time (10-12mins maybe) because the team was protecting the lead, the times he was on the ice it looked like something was happening. Also noticed how good he is stripping the puck and creating turnovers. Eeli almost feeds on these and can turn defense into 2 on 1 quite fast and easy. Everytime I've watched Jokerit I've came out impressed and I got a feeling he's going to be breaking some more records this year.

Meanwhile his line mate Palola has been underwhelming and that's almost a compliment. Scored his first goal yesterday and he almost screwed that over as well. Think it was O'Neill who made the pass on the open net where Palola shot the puck at a defender who it deflected into the net, and this while the guy had an open net in front of him. At least O'Neill can keep up with Tolvanen while they seem to have formed chemistry and play similar type of a game. Palola seems like he doesn't belong at all (granted I haven't seen every game).

Nine points in ten games now. The boy has some bright future ahead.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
So true. Watched the game and even though he didn't get much ice time (10-12mins maybe) because the team was protecting the lead, the times he was on the ice it looked like something was happening. Also noticed how good he is stripping the puck and creating turnovers. Eeli almost feeds on these and can turn defense into 2 on 1 quite fast and easy. Everytime I've watched Jokerit I've came out impressed and I got a feeling he's going to be breaking some more records this year.

Meanwhile his line mate Palola has been underwhelming and that's almost a compliment. Scored his first goal yesterday and he almost screwed that over as well. Think it was O'Neill who made the pass on the open net where Palola shot the puck at a defender who it deflected into the net, and this while the guy had an open net in front of him. At least O'Neill can keep up with Tolvanen while they seem to have formed chemistry and play similar type of a game. Palola seems like he doesn't belong at all (granted I haven't seen every game).

Nine points in ten games now. The boy has some bright future ahead.

Sorry to correct you, but Palola has been already for a few games in the same line with Tolvanen and O'Neill only on the power play. On even strength Jesse Joensuu has been playing with Tolvanen and O'Neill.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Sorry to correct you, but Palola has been already for a few games in the same line with Tolvanen and O'Neill only on the power play. On even strength Jesse Joensuu has been playing with Tolvanen and O'Neill.

I thought they changed the line ups during the game cause I did notice Palola skating in another line and he had been with Tolvanen and O'Neill in the earlier games I've watched. Yeah Palola didn't play with them yesterday on 5 vs 5 (at least not in the last two periods). Joensuu is probably better addition moving forward, since he brings more physical element in the game. When did they make this change exactly? I've missed only the past few 2-3 Jokerit games after FEL started. To be honest, Tolvanen hasn't been a liability at all and O'Neill is gritty as hell as well so it didn't seem fair to cut their ice time that harshly at a 3 goal lead, especially with Joensuu being the third link. A win is a win I suppose.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I thought they changed the line ups during the game cause I did notice Palola skating in another line and he had been with Tolvanen and O'Neill in the earlier games I've watched. Yeah Palola didn't play with them yesterday on 5 vs 5 (at least not in the last two periods). Joensuu is probably better addition moving forward, since he brings more physical element in the game. When did they make this change exactly? I've missed only the past few 2-3 Jokerit games after FEL started. To be honest, Tolvanen hasn't been a liability at all and O'Neill is gritty as hell as well so it didn't seem fair to cut their ice time that harshly at a 3 goal lead, especially with Joensuu being the third link. A win is a win I suppose.

It could be exactly 2 or 3 last games that Joensuu was playing in the same line with Tolvanen on even strength. So no wonder if you didn't realize the change right away, if you didn't watch those games anyway. I do agree with your other points 100% otherwise. So my point was not to really put your post down by any means. A well thought post with well pointed out things in general. I just had to point out this one thing that changed in the last Jokerit games.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012

I don't think it's a bad decision to rest your top-6 and not have them out there blocking shots and risking an injury when you are up by 3 late in the 3rd period.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
5 shots on goal according to the KHL site.
Ok, thanks mate! I have to learn to use that site more. So he had again pretty good shot creating too. I couldn't watch too well him play tonight, as my 4 year old son was in that kind of mood that he needed a lot of attention and I was mostly playing Paw Patrol with him. :D At least I managed to see Eeli's assist and goal both almost accidentally... :)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ok, thanks mate! I have to learn to use that site more. So he had again pretty good shot creating too. I couldn't watch too well him play tonight, as my 4 year old son was in that kind of mood that he needed a lot of attention and I was mostly playing Paw Patrol with him. :D At least I managed to see Eeli's assist and goal both almost accidentally... :)

It's easy to use. Switch to English, then click the "online" menu on the game and get to something like this http://text.khl.ru/en/55944.html where watch for any stats you need.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I am almost more impressed by his consistent shot generation than his point totals. It tells that even if he wasn't scoring, he is still getting a lot of chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->