RW Eeli Tolvanen Milwaukee Admirals, AHL (2017, 30th, NSH) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
An example to my latest post for this "slow release" nonsense. First goal in the video: he gets the puck to his stick at around 8s mark. He then starts to draw an opposition player to himself to make it harder for a goalie to see it. His actual release starts at 10s: you can barely catch that... tell me how the **** that is "slow"?

By quick release I didn't mean how fast he can shoot the puck. He sure has fast wrister.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Considering he's had 4 points for Jokerit in his last 15 games and has sat for long periods...
Have you explained your bias against Tolvanen? Seems you go well out of your way to find faults and never have anything but superficial jabs to contribute here.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Poile said he expects him to not only join the team for the playoffs but possibly in a top six role.

Assuming that would bump Smith down to 3RW.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
That's an interesting expectation. He has never played in the NHL(or even professionally in N.A.) yet is expected to join the team in a top 6 role.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
That's an interesting expectation. He has never played in the NHL(or even professionally in N.A.) yet is expected to join the team in a top 6 role.

That's not what he said. He said he's expected to join the team, possibly in a top 6 role.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
That's not what he said. He said he's expected to join the team, possibly in a top 6 role.
That's more reasonable. Still if Jokerit goes deep in the playoffs, would that leave enough games for Tolvanen to acclimate to the NHL? It's not wise to play an 18-year old rookie with little NHL experience in the playoffs. Also, wouldn't that burn a year of his ELC? Unless he is more likely than not to help the team in the playoffs (a big question mark), this is a questionable move.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Maybe it's just me but i feel like Poile probably has too high expectations.

You'll have a tough time finding someone who likes him more than me but throwing him out there during the toughest time of the year, in a league he's never played, on a team that's expecting to win the cup feels just too much..

I think it would be a good trip for him to come over and be part of the atmosphere, but idk about actually playing. I mean, who are you going to bump out of the lineup? Might even mess with the team chemistry when a kid comes out of nowhere and takes someones spot.

Could be that he's just saying these things and doesn't actually believe it, but yeah.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Maybe it's just me but i feel like Poile probably has too high expectations.

You'll have a tough time finding someone who likes him more than me but throwing him out there during the toughest time of the year, in a league he's never played, on a team that's expecting to win the cup feels just too much..

I think it would be a good trip for him to come over and be part of the atmosphere, but idk about actually playing. I mean, who are you going to bump out of the lineup? Might even mess with the team chemistry when a kid comes out of nowhere and takes someones spot.

Could be that he's just saying these things and doesn't actually believe it, but yeah.

I think Poile is just keeping other teams on their toes with comments like that. Honestly, I don't expect Tolvanen to come over at all, and if he does I expect him to be super fatigued. He's played a metric shit ton of hockey.

But for fun, if Tolvanen comes over and is good enough to play in the top six, our forward line up looks something like:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Tolvanen
Hartman/Smith - Bonino - Smith/Hartman
Jarnkrok/Sissons - Fisher - Sissons/Jarnkrok

Watson could replace Sissons, depending on what the line up needs against the opponent.

Hartnell is injury reserve.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think Poile is just keeping other teams on their toes with comments like that. Honestly, I don't expect Tolvanen to come over at all, and if he does I expect him to be super fatigued. He's played a metric **** ton of hockey.

But for fun, if Tolvanen comes over and is good enough to play in the top six, our forward line up looks something like:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Fiala - Turris - Tolvanen
Hartman/Smith - Bonino - Smith/Hartman
Jarnkrok/Sissons - Fisher - Sissons/Jarnkrok

Watson could replace Sissons, depending on what the line up needs against the opponent.

Hartnell is injury reserve.

Yeah might be that, the whole situation feels a bit weird to me.

And what comes to Tolvanen he absolutely has to play in the top 6 IMO. Pretty much the stereotypical offensive player who shouldn't have any business in the bottom 6 unless you're looking for a Phil Kessel effect. Playing more of a defensive role or with players who are less skilled combined with all the other factors previously mentioned it would just be mess.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah might be that, the whole situation feels a bit weird to me.

And what comes to Tolvanen he absolutely has to play in the top 6 IMO. Pretty much the stereotypical offensive player who shouldn't have any business in the bottom 6 unless you're looking for a Phil Kessel effect. Playing more of a defensive role or with players who are less skilled combined with all the other factors previously mentioned it would just be mess.

With the way the third line has been playing, I think he could see some production playing there, but that line is also out there shutting down other lines often enough. That's a situation you don't want Eeli in, particularly these next few seasons.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
When Poile says Top 6 I have to think he means if any of the current Top 6 goes down. He wouldn't be a fit in the bottom 6 in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->