RW Dominik Bokk - Rögle BK, SHL (2018, 25th, STL, traded to CAR)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Perhaps not a player who is being hyped as a 1st round in 2018, but has all the tools. The German is more on the skinnier side being 5'11" and a heavy 160 lbs, but is around Leon Draisaitl's pace in the same league against better competition. For instance, Draisaitl posted 1.37 PPG in the U18 DNL junior league, while Bokk currently is at 1.28 PPG in the U19 DNL junior league. Both of these statistics happen at each of their 16 year old seasons. Bokk also has been recalled by the senior team to at least practice with them if he isn't going to get game time (which rarely happens for 16 year olds).

What Bokk has, to make up for his lack of physicality is superb skating ability and wicked shot. A shot which might not have the heaviness, but an extremely fast release which catches goalers by surprise. Additionally, people have been saying he contains a good amount of vision as well, but it might be more for scoring (IE IQ in getting into shooting lanes, vision for opening on goaltender, etc). Not saying he will be around Draisaitl's talent level since every player goes through his own progression.However, he could be a hidden gem who has a lot of tools which could make him rise into the 1st round in the future.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=259973

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Will be rooting for him to make the NHL just for his last name.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
^ Quite possible that Draisaitl played in a worse league, because the Schuler-BL is split into divisions based on skill.

Here are some goals he scored yesterday

Bokk Goal's at 21:15 and at the end of the stream he gets an overtime winner.

I would like to mention that he has played for the U20 German team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So Bokk is currently with German's U18 team in a friendly tournament somewhere in Europe. First game they lost 5-4 in OT to Slovakia and 4-2 to Belarus, but Bokk had three assists in the first game and had two primary assists in the Belarus lost.

Don't know if he's leading the tourney in points, but has to be close to the top.

Draisaitl at 14/15 years old had 192 points in 29 games.
Bokk had 31 in 24 games.
Since Draisaitl's days, the German Hockey Federation has done a lot of tinkering and adjustments within their junior levels to make it more competitive. Though with that said, Draisaitl is an exceptional prospect, I didn't try to compare their talent level, but compared them to give some hype that Bokk could be a legitimate 1st rounder in 2018, that's all. Overall, Schuler-BL is definitely NOT as good as the DNL, which Bokk is in.

Last edited:

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
Since Draisaitl's days, the German Hockey Federation has done a lot of tinkering and adjustments within their junior levels to make it more competitive. Though with that said, Draisaitl is an exceptional prospect, I didn't try to compare their talent level, but compared them to give some hype that Bokk could be a legitimate 1st rounder in 2018, that's all. Overall, Schuler-BL is definitely NOT as good as the DNL, which Bokk is in.

Bokk actually has a higher ppg in the DNL then Draisaitl had in his last season. Not that I would put much weight in stats in that league considering how much it changes. I agree with you in that he could be a first rounder, but we can't really get a good judgment until the D1A U18s start.

Last edited:

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Bokk continues to put up very strong numbers (Topscorer in the league).

In the match today between two of Germanys top youth teams he had 1 goal + 4 assists.

This season so far:
18 games
23 goals
20 assis
43 points

This is while being pretty much ~ 1.5 years younger than most other players in the league.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
Dominik Bokk won best forward of the tournament in the U18 Vlado Dzurilla Cup. Scoring 2g 2a against competition about about a year older then him.

German Developmental League Stats:

30 Goals 32 Assists in 37 Games, Top Scorer in the Higher Division

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
From a source within the organization, I heard he's probably going to go to college next season. Not entirely sure if that was speaking in technical terms about the NCAA, or could refer to a CHL-type school-encompassing program, but we can expect him to play in NA, as it seems.

Reactions: RoarBacon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
From a source within the organization, I heard he's probably going to go to college next season. Not entirely sure if that was speaking in technical terms about the NCAA, or could refer to a CHL-type school-encompassing program, but we can expect him to play in NA, as it seems.

Interesting, thanks for the info Vipers! I wouldn't be surprised if it is the NCAA route, it seems that the new wave of German players are deciding to go to the USHL and then get a college scholarship. Instead of wasting away on the 4th lines of CHL teams like what happened to Schiemenz, Kislinger, and countless others.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il

I would guess USHL, wouldn't be old enough for college, I believe.

His season ended yesterday, here are his totals for the year

Regular Season
41 games-34 goals-37 assists-71 points

Play-Offs
4 games-5 goals-2 assists- 7 points

He'll most likely be playing at the D1A U18s in early April.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I have talked to a few CHL GMs about him as well, there's certainly some interest there.

What forward position does he play? C/RW/LW?

He's a right winger; that's where he's played for most of the season. Got some ice time on the left wing as well and I believe he has indeed seen some time at centre with the national team. But most players in Germany have played on every position at some point, so I wouldn't put much stock into that. He's a right winger.

Last edited:

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.

Bokk has drawn interest from all three Canadian major junior leagues and wants to play in NA next season. If he gets a good amount of playing time at the U18, he should be a safe CHL pick.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Bokk finishes the U18 division II championships with:

7 goals (top goalscorer of the tournament)
3 assists
in 5 games for Team Germany.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Dominik Bokk- Germany 2018 prospect

This guy has slightly better numbers in DNL at 16 years old as Leon Draisaitl did. Surprised he hasn't gotten more hype. He is 5'11 154 at 17 years 4 months, RW and R hand shot.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=259973

There's also some other Germans who have high PPG in Germany DNL(U19) as well. Nice to see some guys coming there.

maaran

Apr 17, 2017
Canada
Draisaitl at 14/15 years old had 192 points in 29 games.
Bokk had 31 in 24 games.

But this year Dominik had 71p in 41g whereas Leon had 56p in 32g at the same age. There is a thing called development, but Leon will probably be the better player.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Bokk will play for the German U20 team in a tournament in Slovakia starting on Friday.

In the roster the DEB released Växjö Lakers is listed as his team, so I guess he won't be playing for Prince Albert.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Bokk will play for the German U20 team in a tournament in Slovakia starting on Friday.

In the roster the DEB released Växjö Lakers is listed as his team, so I guess he won't be playing for Prince Albert.

Looks like he's headed for SHL then. Probably a better environment to play in than PA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad