RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
AHL. Jackets gave way to good of a forward group going forward unless he makes it impossible to not use him. He will get call up chances likely though. If he doesn't get stronger on the puck and board though he will never make it here.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
AHL. Jackets gave way to good of a forward group going forward unless he makes it impossible to not use him. He will get call up chances likely though. If he doesn't get stronger on the puck and board though he will never make it here.

As previous poster said, he had 4 p in 4 games last season i AHL, that is pretty good. He will never be a powerforward, but NHL become lesser and lesser about that. But you probably know better than me, I do not follow CHL that much.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
why do teams still sleep on guys who light up the Q...
Probably size as much as the league he played in. Personally Im happy that is the case as we all know Jarmo and his staff do not care what anyone else thinks or their rankings

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Because Bragin didn't put anybody in a position to succeed.
Yeah, because the man who is the most successful junior coach of the last decade doesn't put his players in a position to succeed. Give your biased head a shake. Abramov sucked because he's had issues back then and he has them now. Why exactly is he still not lighting up a top tier league? He effed up his development in the Q.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, because the man who is the most successful junior coach of the last decade doesn't put his players in a position to succeed. Give your biased head a shake. Abramov sucked because he's had issues back then and he has them now. Why exactly is he still not lighting up a top tier league? He effed up his development in the Q.

16-17 he lead the league in points and last year his p/g was also the best and probably gets at least some games in NHL this year... Totally f***ed up his development!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Abramov is 20y old and has 4 games on senior level.

To compare, Panarin had 65 games on senior level at the age of 20, including one full KHL season and one half season at the KHL level.

Abramov did a mistake by moving to Canada too early. If stayed, he would lead Traktor on the KHL level by now. Playing juniors does not help your develpment when you are too good to play there.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
So what is the deal with this guy is he developing well or not. I have not heard his name in a while and by just stats watching he seemed do well in the QMJHL. What are the chances he becomes a top 6 forward?

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Some games in the NHL is what one the best russian prospects in his age group gets at age 20? Another Vitaly is a KHL regular at 18.

Kravtsov? Those two players are not even close to same...

Also I dont get how you claim he hasnt developed when he has been better every year in the Q.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

Also I dont get how you claim he hasnt developed when he has been better every year in the Q.
He is older every year and playing against kids. No suprise he dominates the league. He should play senior hockey. That is a point why he made a mistake.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
he also moved to center and took on different responsibilities while seeing the game from a different perspective. This talk always comes up with Russians and if a player from Russia comes to NA early for junior hockey and fails its 100% on the junior league they played in. They would have been a star if they stayed home

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
He is older every year and playing against kids. No suprise he dominates the league. He should play senior hockey. That is a point why he made a mistake.

You understand that works both ways?

Who do you blame when russian prospects bust in russia?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Those players are very close to same. Both wingers from the same school even. Abramov was on the radar and ranked higher earlier too. Both are considered top2 or top3 wingers on the russian WJC roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad