RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Smart player does the most with opportunites

though is a floater and super ice hog
never gets off his shift

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I live in Victoriaville and have had the chance to watch him a bit lately.

He's definitely on fire. I'm honestly uncertained about his NHL future. He's small and isn't the fastest skater. He's good in junior but would be just ok in the NHL. He's quick and has very good agility but his top speed isn't fast. He has a sweet pair of hands but I found his strongest point is his hockey sense. He has incredible vision. He also has an amazing chemistry with Maxime Comtois who has a much better NHL future in my opinion. Someone said Abramov is a floater but I disagree. Maybe he was at the WJC but he backchecks with the Tigres.

His NHL future, like I said, is uncertained. He could develop chemistry with another Columbus player and start from there. His vision could help him in that regard. I see him more as a tweener who could play on the second line but would most likely be in the AHL. His future is probably in the KHL to be honest. Which saddens me because of what he's done with the Tigres.

Watch out for Comtois. He's a steal by the Ducks.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Speed is overrated. It's good to have of course, but about 75% offense in the NHL comes from the puck possession in the offensive zone. The problem is Abramov isn't great in many other hockey aspects as well. Kaprizov isn't the fastest skater, but I'm sure he'll be a star in the NHL, because he can shoot, play along the boards, control the puck and do a lot of other things Abramov can't.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Hes got the energy an work ethic, its just not always used in the best way. I think being around Panarin will be good for him, just learning how to pace himself and his play. He needs some direction, there is no lack of skill thats for sure

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Last 11 games: 3 x 4 points, 5 x 3 points, 1 x 2 points
- that's ****** up good
The exact reason why the NHL/CHL need to allow for "exceptions" that allows players that meet certain criteria to play in the AHL and not be forced back to Jr's

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Too good for junior hockey...kinda under statement from moi.
Abramov scored 4g+1a...

Vitali is on a 12 game point streak -> 18g+19a=37pts.....can-not-compute-checksum-error-rebooting.....

7 games in a row where he has scored at least 3 points; 3,4,3,3,3,4,5

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->