RW/C Vitalii Abramov - CSKA Moscow, KHL (2016, 65th, CBJ; traded to OTT)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
You obviously don't get irony.

I know how many. Making a point out of 37 games is silli as compared to Abramov who is headed for a 3rd season.

You obviously don't get that I completely got the irony, I just had serious reservations with the quality and the relevance of the point you were trying to make.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This makes no sense whatsoever from a development standpoint.

Jarmo is a junk GM.
Lol. Right.

Panarin, Jones, Wennberg, Milano, Bjorkstrand, Nuttivara, Carlsson, PLD, Hannikainen all say otherwise.

Having the youngest team in the NHL and being in the race for the presidents trophy last season says otherwise.

Coming into this season with an even younger team and still in contention for top team in the metro and the league says otherwise.

I really hope you're missing a :sarcasm:

As far as development goes Abramov is in the same situation PLD is in. They need to be in the AHL getting top line minutes. Neither of them are eligible. What separates PLD and Abramov is their size and play style. PLD obviously has the size and style to make the NHL team in a bottom 6 capacity, Abramov, if he's not scoring, with his size isn't much use against men just as fast and wayyyy bigger and smarter than he's use to. He's going to need a season or two in the AHL before he's ready for the NHL.
Competing against kids 3 years in a row is absurdity. He needs to wakeup that the NHL is never going to give him a chance and make some money while he can.

We gave up on Marchessault too early and he's turned into much more than a career AHLer which many(myself included) thought he would be.

Ffs the kid isn't even 20. Milano is just now getting his first chance to solidfy his spot on the team. Abramov is going to have to force his way onto the jackets roster and its not going to be handed to him.

The days of the jackets throwing prospects into the fire are long gone.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
should be playing in the khl by now, yet he beats some meaningless records in a kid league, playing for a crappy team. this stupidity has no limits

maxb221

Jun 24, 2014
Montreal
3333.PNG
Yes indeed, he was playing for Victoriaville tonight (had 2 assists in a 2-0 win). Gatineau seems to have entered their short rebuild, as they should be getting a new arena in 2020.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
No offense to these interviewers, but they need to learn how to ask follow-up questions. For example, what the heck does this mean? Can't the interviewer just say "pls elaborate"?

DT: After the camp with the Blue Jackets did you have a chance only to go to Gatineau? Didn’t you want to get back to Russia?
VA: Of course I had different thoughts and feelings. But there is an agreement between the CHL and the NHL, according to which every player under 20 can only go there. And I couldn’t really get back to Russia with a valid NHL contract.

Abramov couldn't get back to Russia with a valid NHL contract? Why? And why didn't he opt to play somewhere in Europe? This could have used some unpacking.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
No offense to these interviewers, but they need to learn how to ask follow-up questions. For example, what the heck does this mean? Can't the interviewer just say "pls elaborate"?

Abramov couldn't get back to Russia with a valid NHL contract? Why? And why didn't he opt to play somewhere in Europe? This could have used some unpacking.

I wonder if it makes more sense in Russian.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I'm pretty sure he means agreement between CHL and AHL. Also, he probably means that management couldn't loan him out to KHL.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If you mean the French part of the tweet, I don't understand it either, but at least there is a video of Abramov's goal.
Haha yeah the tweet or the audio of the video. I didn't know if it was Russian or French.

I do appreciate the video the buddy I didn't mean to sound like a dick if it came off like "well what the f*** did you post that for!!!!" I just meant I wish I knew the context of the tweet or the call =)

Reactions: Caser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->