RW/C Mikko Rantanen (2015, 10th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Rantanen has brought it his last few games.

Good to see, big fan of the player.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Big PP goal by Rantanen. Slow start for him in the tourney but good to see him living up to his superb AHL play when the games matter more, as the best prospect to be playing in the AHL right now.

KK91

Jan 7, 2009
He's just a pro amongst these boys. Was really impressed with him this game. I hope to see him play when he plays against the Marlies if they face

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
You could definitely see why he's the one succeeding in NA; he looks like he's made for small rink with all the nifty small passes and overall great physical play protecting the puck.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
He's just a pro amongst these boys. Was really impressed with him this game. I hope to see him play when he plays against the Marlies if they face

Agreed. Once he got his game going his maturity really showed.

Glad he finally scored today (on a goalie). Easily our best player in the final two games. Actually, he was the best player in those games period.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Was strong when needed. Impressive last two games. Now that finals has been played it's easy to point afterwards there was a huge difference between Finland and Russia leadership.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
You can just imagine his point total if he had played with an elite finisher like Laine or even Puljujärvi.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
You can just imagine his point total if he had played with an elite finisher like Laine or even Puljujärvi.

Actually big part of Laine & Puljujarvi success was their third part Aho (got more points than Laine). But yes you're partly right Rantanen linemates were cold at the start of tournament especially. Kalapudas was excellent with him.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Actually big part of Laine & Puljujarvi success was their third part Aho (got more points than Laine). But yes you're partly right Rantanen linemates were cold at the start of tournament especially. Kalapudas was excellent with him.

Yes, I didn't mean that they should've broken Aho's line, just that if Rantanen had an elite finisher for his many great set-ups, he would have closer to 10 points in my opinion. He generated a lot of chances by himself.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It was impressive to see how often big Russian defenders managed to quite easily knock Finland's big forwards to the boards but when it came to Rantanen, the guy didn't even move a muscle even though he was being pressured.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
He took part in the warm-ups yesterday but wasn't in the game- reported upper body injury.

The late scratch made me think if he's being shopped (for Drouin?), although there doesn't really be any rumours concerning that. If it's injury, I wonder when he got the injury during WJC, especially since the last two games were his best games. Anyway, hopefully a quick recovery. Or perhaps it is just jet lag.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Can't see the point of that for the Avs, Rantanen is exactly what they need and exactly who they wanted to get.

Rantanen is 6'4 strong skating 2way winger who will help their puck possession and be something you need in Central, and he has just been trending up past his draft.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Rantanen's skating wasn't at his normal level at any point in the tournament so i wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of injury.

Teukka

Jul 17, 2007
This might be stupid (I'm unfamiliar with hockey gear as a person who's never worn those), but during the WJC, he had some kind of extra support thingy on his wrist. Maybe that's where the upper body injury is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad