RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
their chemistry is honestly a bit overrated. Dahlen and Pettersson contrary to belief didnt play much with eachother in timra.
This article begs to differ: Nation Network 2017 Prospect Profiles: #5 – Elias Pettersson. They played together for most of the season.

elias-pettersson-teammates.png

Reactions: lawrence and Catbug

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
On the question of position, Benning said in an interview not long ago that he expects EP to start on the wing, but he'll be tried at centre at some point next year.

What Benning expects, and what actually happens, are often 2 very different things. However, given the value of centres (vs wingers), team need, and the fact that unlike his SHL team- the Canucks have no chance of winning a league championship next year, it's obvious that he'll be given a chance to play centre. Will it work out ??? Nobody knows for sure, but he was a centre for most of his life before he advanced to pro hockey.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Just going off that Sundin clip, but I always thought Pettersson was a C? Am I mistaken?

Lol. We’ve been talking about this since November. He’s been playing wing most of the season. Currently a winger, pettersson said he can play either, been a centreman his whole life will probably start the Canucks as a winger.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
On the question of position, Benning said in an interview not long ago that he expects EP to start on the wing, but he'll be tried at centre at some point next year.

What Benning expects, and what actually happens, are often 2 very different things. However, given the value of centres (vs wingers), team need, and the fact that unlike his SHL team- the Canucks have no chance of winning a league championship next year, it's obvious that he'll be given a chance to play centre. Will it work out ??? Nobody knows for sure, but he was a centre for most of his life before he advanced to pro hockey.

He was a centremen at the pro level last season. Dhalen was his wing man.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Another goal lol

Dahlen makes a nice play, EP finishes it

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The Swedes on the top line (Dahlen-Pettersson-Lind) needed the 1st period to adjust but they were magic in the latter 2 periods. Just a prospects tournament, but it's still nice to see a player of Pettersson's calibre be just that in a game like this and stand out.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
this guy was supposed to come in as an elite playmaker

he may have 40 goal potential

this play was crazy as well

Last edited:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Pettersson on one side and Boeser on the other on the powerplay. Watch out...

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Has he shown a willingness to go into traffic?

Yes, absolutely. His frame doesn’t allow him to win those battles every time, but the willingness is definitely there. He is absolutely in the danger areas often.

I was impressed with him at C in these two games, although the comptetion level is very low, and the hockey is a bit of a mish mash. Still, he was very conscious of his defensive responsibilities, and broke up an odd man rush brilliantly in todays game. He didn’t get outmuscled often like he did last year, and very rarely fell on the ice.

The adjustment to the smaller ice is a big deal, but I thought he did really well. Dahlen was very impressive also, and might have been just as good as Elias in these two games. Very good chemistry between the two!

Reactions: Tv9924
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad