RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
He's trolling, but I honestly can't blame him. Too many Canucks fans are overly sensitive to even the slightest criticism of EP. I'm a Canucks fan myself and even I'm tempted to bait them :laugh:

Jets fan living in Vancouver and you are absolutely correct. EP is the only elite prospect, people put a huge amount of hope in him, he will be in a giant pressure cooker the moment he steps off the plane..I kinda feel for him.

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
Jets fan living in Vancouver and you are absolutely correct. EP is the only elite prospect, people put a huge amount of hope in him, he will be in a giant pressure cooker the moment he steps off the plane..I kinda feel for him.

Have we completely forgotten about Boeser already?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What's the accepted definition of a prospect nowadays? I know HF had actual guidelines for what was a Prospect and what wasn't when they covered and rated prospects. Not sure if people still adhere to that or if there's any strict definition to use.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What's the accepted definition of a prospect nowadays? I know HF had actual guidelines for what was a Prospect and what wasn't when they covered and rated prospects. Not sure if people still adhere to that or if there's any strict definition to use.

I think the same requirements for the Calder trophy should define what a prospect is - 25 games or less played at the NHL level.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Where does Pettersson rank in this year's draft? Top 3?

Tough choice for the Canes at #2. Svechnikov or Petterson, they probably still go with Svech. given his 2 way game and nhl ready size/speed. Easy choice for Mtl. at 3 imo.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Pretty sure the Habs would take him at #3

I’d take him over Zadina,Tkachuk,or any of the Dmen and not think twice so he’s definitely top 3.Dahlin would still be going first but between him and Svechnikov,it’s really close IMO.Similar ceilings but much different player

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Where he goes this year is irrelevant discussion. Too many variables that you can't predict and compare. He'd be an overager which would drop his stock by a lot

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Pretty big praise coming from Mats Sundin.. He could have picked any wingers in the NHL and he picked Ovechkin and Pettersson?
His criteria is a young swede breaking into the NHL.... so that narrows it down a lot... Lias Andersson?

And winger too... alex Nylander?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I think he was trying to get him to say Will Nylander since they're leafs reporters
Did you even watch the clip that you quoted or are you just complaining about anything Leafs related again? Mats was trying to give some love to the up and coming swedes in the league. There's already a laundry list of star NHL swedes for him to choose ahead of Willy or EP if that's what he was going for.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
not sure if pettersson alone can replace the twins. Need at least another young forward elite prospect.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
not sure if pettersson alone can replace the twins. Need at least another young forward elite prospect.

Pettersson had great chemistry with Dahlen when they played for Timra during EP’s draft season.Hopefully they can rekindle that in the NHL.
Finding a true #1 center would be great,though.Looks like next years draft will have some good ones available.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Pettersson had great chemistry with Dahlen when they played for Timra during EP’s draft season.Hopefully they can rekindle that in the NHL.
Finding a true #1 center would be great,though.Looks like next years draft will have some good ones available.
their chemistry is honestly a bit overrated. Dahlen and Pettersson contrary to belief didnt play much with eachother in timra.

Reactions: Love
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad