RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Wasn't his only argument that staying one year as the "star of SHL" would prepare him for being the star of Vancouver and the North American media? As if he hasn't been the player with the most media coverage this season already.

I'm sure they could come up with many reasons for him to stay. He also adds that he would not be surprised to see Pettersson return. They will meet him in Denmark to discuss his future.

Pettersson will sign an NHL contract and will play with the Canucks if he makes the team. If he doesn't make the team however, then it could get interesting. Pettersson has as far as I know never made it 100% clear that he's leaving.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I'm sure they could come up with many reasons for him to stay. He also adds that he would not be surprised to see Pettersson return. They will meet him in Denmark to discuss his future.

Pettersson will sign an NHL contract and will play with the Canucks if he makes the team. If he doesn't make the team however, then it could get interesting. Pettersson has as far as I know never made it 100% clear that he's leaving.
What Evertsson adds is pretty much that if Pettersson doesn't get top-6 minutes he should come back to the SHL to be the star of the league. It's more wishfull thinking than anything else, or Evertsson getting full of himself. I don't see any reason for Pettersson to stay.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

I remember reading somewhere back from December that Vaxjo gm asked the Canucks if he can stay for another year.

Not surprised if they want the magician back. He will help whatever team win a championship.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bounced around at the WHC or not, isn’t it almost a certainty VAN offers him an NHL roster spot? Why go back to SWE just because he might have to open on the third line? Why force feed him a top six role when he should be given a chance to acclimate to the NHL game?

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Pretty cool inside scoop on Pettersson after the draft in the province today

"
And, they talk about a player who does things like this:
“I’ll never forget it, we drafted him on the Friday and on the Saturday he came back down to our table,” Canucks president Trevor Linden said. “That is rare in itself. He then asked us about every single player we drafted, wanting to know all about them.
“Then Sunday he flies out to Vancouver. I was in the office early Monday morning. He shows up there in his gym clothes already and says ‘Hey, I need to work out.’ He’s a driven and committed kid and that is going to serve him well.”

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I swear this is like reading the Marner thread after his D+1 year. Too good to be returned to his former league but undersized, so will his game translate was all anyone talked about.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Players typically lose weight during the season.

Strength is what's important, that's what he needs to improve. Weight is secondary.

But strength and weight become extremely inclusive at a point. He's probably close to as strong as he can be at his current weight. At that point, it's about putting on more mass.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Yes, let's spend the next few pages discussing his weight because that is the most interesting and important part about him and the single best predictor of success in the NHL

Reactions: nucks88

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Nope. 77 kilos is what he said in that interview. 169 pounds.

He verbally said 177. somebody posted his entire interview on our forum. Plus they use Lbs, and always have. its one thing to have a typo, but verbally said 177.

Yes, let's spend the next few pages discussing his weight b

its the only thing people can use against him right now.

but honestly he doesn't look 177 lol.

he will start upper body work outs in 3.5 weeks also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad