RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Don't see him being anywhere near as good as Tank. He has a lot of holes in his game. His raw skill and shot are incredible but he has a long way to go.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
He needs to put on weight. Maybe 20 pounds or so if he wants to play next season, while maintaining his strength on his skates. He's fast enough for the league but not fast enough to beat people in the league with speed consistently. He's got the hands to beat players in the league but again, best defensemen in the world, if you do too many dekes in the league people start taking the body. He's got to have the strength to buy time protecting the puck. I like him, hope he can make it, but he's got work ahead of him.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He needs to put on weight. Maybe 20 pounds or so if he wants to play next season, while maintaining his strength on his skates. He's fast enough for the league but not fast enough to beat people in the league with speed consistently. He's got the hands to beat players in the league but again, best defensemen in the world, if you do too many dekes in the league people start taking the body. He's got to have the strength to buy time protecting the puck. I like him, hope he can make it, but he's got work ahead of him.

He's just a few lbs lighter, than Malkin. I don't think he needs to become that much heavier. Not sure about the skating thing, I've always been thinking he skates really good.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
He's just a few lbs lighter, than Malkin. I don't think he needs to become that much heavier. Not sure about the skating thing, I've always been thinking he skates really good.
Interesting. I didn't know he was 195, he's even lighter than Crosby. I still wouldn't call 11 pounds just a few though, especially for such tall guys.

And I didn't say he's not a good skater. He's a very good skater. However, there's a difference between being a good skater and being able to consistently buy time and space with speed. A good skater, given the correct circumstances like say a defenseman being slightly out of position, flat-footed or himself having had time to accelerate to full speed before reaching the blue line can beat a good defenseman with speed. But only a certain tier of skaters can consistently use their speed to buy time and space to make plays and avoid contact. I don't think he's in that tier. If he isn't he needs to have other tools to consistently help him create space. That's not a bad thing, it's just not something I'm sure he has yet, I could be wrong.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He should be NHL ready or close but if not I hope he doesn't go back to the OHL.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
6'3, can score goals and is one of the youngest in his draft class?

If the Canucks don't get Dahlin I hope we at least land Svech :D

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
No doubting his talent but he and Zadina are neck-and-neck and to be quite honest Bouchard is on another level as well. I can see him dropping on draft day if a team feels gutsy, but he should only drop from 2 to 3/4 at most.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i love zadina too but i still have svechnikov above him. i feel like svech is more of a complete forward, he has the speed, the hands in flight, the shot, he moves the puck around more, his iq seems really high and whether its scoring a goal or setting up a play he can make things happen in all sorts of ways. i feel like zadina is more of a pure shooter/attacker where as svech is a little more well rounded. nothing against zadina since i have him right behind him. and if im wrong on any of those assessments ill gladly accept that since there are others who watch them more frequently.

Reactions: cgf

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
And another 1+1 game. 5th in a row 2-point game. With 21 goals in 26 games he's the 2nd highest in GPG after Katchouk.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
No doubting his talent but he and Zadina are neck-and-neck and to be quite honest Bouchard is on another level as well. I can see him dropping on draft day if a team feels gutsy, but he should only drop from 2 to 3/4 at most.

He’s a significantly better package then Zadina in terms of a prospect, but Zadina seems like more of a gamer then Svechnikov does. Who knows what teams will go for first...

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
He’s a significantly better package then Zadina in terms of a prospect, but Zadina seems like more of a gamer then Svechnikov does. Who knows what teams will go for first...

I probably only rate Zadina higher based off of more intensive viewings of Zadina (Q games fit better in my schedule than most) and i'm not saying he's necessarily better than Svechnikov, but both are amazing. They're probably equal and I just award Zadina with the tiebreaker due to gut feeling.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Another 2 goals today. Has 23 goals in 27 games. And some people are doubting him. Willing to bet he will score 40+ goals in 47 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->