RW Andrei Svechnikov (2018, 2nd, CAR) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That sucks for the kid. He could have lead the OHL in points. Oh well it shouldn't hurt his stock hopefully he comes back with a vengeance.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
the last comparison they floated is afinogenov. how crazy is this?
Actually one guy did. The only thing I did was refute the Kovalchuk comparison. I don't see the pure shot arsenal of Kovy but I see better vision and playmaking abilities with similarly good hands. I'm not really a comparison guy unless it's extremely close.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Actually one guy did. The only thing I did was refute the Kovalchuk comparison. I don't see the pure shot arsenal of Kovy but I see better vision and playmaking abilities with similarly good hands. I'm not really a comparison guy unless it's extremely close.

He reminds me most of Peter Bondra. Not entirely sure why just the speed, stickhandling and shooting abilities and how he drives the net and isn't afraid to play in traffic.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
If Galchenyuk can play 2 games and still be drafted in the top 3, I think he can still retain a top 3 spot.

Is he going to be healthy for the world Juniors?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If Galchenyuk can play 2 games and still be drafted in the top 3, I think he can still retain a top 3 spot.

Is he going to be healthy for the world Juniors?

He needs to be healthy in time for camp, which will be a close call. And he will need to be invited by a coach who typically prefers older players.

Knowing that Svech won't play in the Superseries freaking kills me.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sounds like he didn't actually break anything. Here's what Friedman said in his most recent column.

25. A ton of interest in Andrei Svechnikov, who will be a very, very high selection in June’s NHL draft. After 58 points in 48 games for USHL Muskegon last season, OHL Barrie took him first overall in the CHL import draft. He had 10 goals in his first 10 games, then went down with an injury, reportedly a broken hand. Dr. Herb von Schroeder, who performed surgery on Svechnikov on Oct. 24, clarified the exact problem in a statement. He called it a “sagittal band tendon injury on his right long finger,” adding the talented forward “did not have any fractures or a broken hand.” Svechnikov is expected to return to full play within the next four weeks. His brother, Evgeny, was a Detroit first-rounder in 2015 and now plays in AHL Grand Rapids.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-inside-matt-duchene-kyle-turris-blockbuster/

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Yes, no broken bone which is why people are asking questions about his return. No one is reporting anything so I guess we will find out at the last minute.

Also the original prognosis said "up to" 8 weeks, and these are always approximate. But that assumed surgery so forget about it.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That's really good news. Hopefully he makes the WJC team. I mean.... he has to right? Seems too good not to..
Excited for the Russia Czech opener..
And would really love to see Zadina and Svech against each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad