RW Adam Klapka (2018 undrafted, signed by CGY)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This kid is one of the youngest players in the 2018 draft, and he is a giant listed 6'7" and 238 lbs. Was kind of surprised he was a forward at this size and not a defenseman. He has pretty decent numbers in Czech Juniors, I was looking to see if anyone had any additional info on him or has seen him play.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He is playing in the U18 league, only three games in the U20 and not a single one for the U18 national team. The only recent comparison I can think of is Filip Helt, STL 7th rounder in 2016, who also played primarily U18 league. So in other words, no way this guy gets drafted.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is playing in the U18 league, only three games in the U20 and not a single one for the U18 national team. The only recent comparison I can think of is Filip Helt, STL 7th rounder in 2016, who also played primarily U18 league. So in other words, no way this guy gets drafted.

Thanks for the input, was hoping you would respond. I just thought he was interesting given that he was so big and so young for kids eligible for this draft.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Thanks for the input, was hoping you would respond. I just thought he was interesting given that he was so big and so young for kids eligible for this draft.
Yes I know, 6'7" forwards always draw attention and I was hoping he would get invited to some international hockey, to see whether he warranted being on the CSS list, but given he was not even a reserve in any tournament I am just going to assume he's not good enough.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If it was 2004 this kid would be front page news. I honestly don't see how a guy that big can play now. If he had the kind of wheels he would need to keep up he would be the guy you're all talking about. Instead everyone has been going gaga over 5'11 170 lb defensemen. Oh well. You live long enough you'll see it all I suppose.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's been very good and creating a bit of a cult following. Curious if he cracks that Calgary lineup at some point this season.

Anyone know if he's okay? He got in a fight last night and it looked like he got absolutely rocked early on. I know he finished the game but was wondering if he was maybe concussed.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I was curious if there was much fighting in the Czech league he was playing in, because it looked like a really bad decision to accept a fight from the guy who was running around trying to win a spot by picking fights.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
He's been very good and creating a bit of a cult following. Curious if he cracks that Calgary lineup at some point this season.

Anyone know if he's okay? He got in a fight last night and it looked like he got absolutely rocked early on. I know he finished the game but was wondering if he was maybe concussed.

No word that he suffered any sort of injury - and he skated this morning.

He clearly has little to no experience fighting - and could definitely take some pointers from Lucic. Props to him for doing what it takes to stand out though. He's a big guy that can skate fairly well, has a strong shot, and surprisingly good hands - not sure he needs to be looking to fight (he tried to in the rookie tournament as well).

Reactions: Czechboy

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

He was on the ice today so I assume he's fine. He has definitely had a strong start to the camp and should be a late cut but unless things really go wrong injury wise I'd be surprised seeing him on the NHL roster this season. Duehr's game is more polished, couple other guys are knocking on the door as well.

He has looked promising but I think needs some time to adjust to the speed of the NA game. Just turned 22 so not as if this season is make or break it for him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He'll be a regular feature in the Wrangler's top 9 and potentially top 6 depending on how things shake out.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was curious if there was much fighting in the Czech league he was playing in, because it looked like a really bad decision to accept a fight from the guy who was running around trying to win a spot by picking fights.
Not much fighting in Czech league (definitely no designated spots for fighters)... however, he was in the USHL before returning to Czech league. Based on the fight, I'd say he didn't get in many fights in USHL. In fairness to him, the guy he fought has over 50 fights and clearly knew what he was doing as demolished Adam with that one punch.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He was on the ice today so I assume he's fine. He has definitely had a strong start to the camp and should be a late cut but unless things really go wrong injury wise I'd be surprised seeing him on the NHL roster this season. Duehr's game is more polished, couple other guys are knocking on the door as well.

He has looked promising but I think needs some time to adjust to the speed of the NA game. Just turned 22 so not as if this season is make or break it for him.
Glad he's okay... I was getting Jujhar Khaira type vibes when that punch connected.

He's definitely a project. Nice surprise so far.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
absolutely. arseneau probably has over 100 fights in his career. i always wondered how much
talking about that stuff goes on before preseason games within a team. like there has to be
a few guys in the room who know exactly which guys you don't want to be fighting with basically
no experience of your own.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's a hideously ugly, awkward player to watch but is actually pretty effective and I think he'll probably stick in the NHL as a useful bottom-6 guy. Huge, has a bit of talent, brings some toughness.

Reactions: hellwar9

GordieHowYaDoin

Nov 9, 2022
Detroit/Nash
He's a hideously ugly, awkward player to watch but is actually pretty effective and I think he'll probably stick in the NHL as a useful bottom-6 guy. Huge, has a bit of talent, brings some toughness.
I mean, he has your run of the mill slavic block head/gopnik look. Dime a dozen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->