Ruutu's goal one of the most AMAZING goals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
To me, that was the nicest goal of the tournament by one of the games brightest up and coming stars, definately one of my favorite players, the hits, the goals, this guy is an awesome player, Hawks are lucky to have him, the Forsberg comparisons seem pretty accurate, although it'll take a bit of time...

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Ruutu's goal was very very nice to watch. Sure the players he beat should have better played the body, but a part of being a great player is making your opponent preform in an unorthadoxical manner.

I think Brodeur's glove hand was weak as everyone on the Finnish team seemed to be shooting top-right, though it was such a hard shot I doubt Brodeur at 110% would have saved it.

Chicago is really fortunate to have such a talent. I like how he hits, hopefully his brain doesn't go to mush before his prime.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Jussi said:
What did JR say about the goal?

I don't remember it fully but it was on ESPN2 and I saw it on highlights like on TSN or one of those stations but he said it made Neidermeyer look foolish and something about Brodeur...just the way Ruutu went thru the Canadian players and scored...1 on 3 wow. Hope that helps!!

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
It was a nice goal (not one of the best ever seen), combined with horrible defending that made it look so incredible.

The Kovalev goal was better... at least Amonte had his head up.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Malakhov said:
Awesome awesome goal though the best goal from the tournament thus far is still Kovalev's against U.S.A.

I put this goal a bit above Kovalev's. Kovalev made a wonderous move to get free but his shot wasn't anything special. Ruutu made a less visually impressive but more effective set of moves to beat three players and then put on an absolutely perfect shot to beat the netminder.

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
deandebean said:
Buddy, if you play the body to the tee, and make the effort, NOBODY except Mario in his prime, could deek you. They were simply lazy. You are thought to defend the one on one situation at 9 years old here.

deandebean said:
If Kovalchuk deeked everybody and his wife, he would have had 100 goals. He can't do it on a regular basis because d-guys can play solid positionnal defence. Same with Kovalev. He did it once against the US. He couldn't do squat against Canada, who played him to the tee.

All you are saying is that players can't deke out everyone on a regular basis. Well, duh. The point is, in this particular instance, Ruutu DID deke out everyone. Were they in perfect position? Of course not. If they were in perfect position, it wouldn't be possible to get past them (even for Mario). If it were possible, it wouldn't be perfect.

99.99% (if not an absolute 100%) of all goals result from a poor or imperfect play. It could be therefore said that it isn't possible to "school" someone without them making a mistake. In such cases the mistake is most often forced by the "teacher". Ruutu clearly pushed some of the mistakes in the play into being.

As a disclaimer, I should note that I use the word "possible" intending "realistically likely to happen" in this post.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
People are saying these guys somehow "missed" the contact. Are you sure that all 3 were sleeping in the play? Maybe they all just avoided responsibility of stopping that play because...

A) they did not think he could go all the way, they all relied on the next guy to stop Ruutu

B) they avoided this responsibility slightly because they were all standing on their feet, one of the best if not the best open ice hitter forward in the NHL was heading their way full speed...

You only need to hesitate for a fraction of a second and it's too late. I think thats what happened here.

onni

Sep 14, 2004
Thank you TUOMO!! It was definitely one of the best goals I have ever seen. He is such an awesome player, and I wish nothing but good for him and the Hawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->