Russia's WC lineup coming MONDAY...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
nhl.com reports that the entire roster of team russia will be announced on monday. with that in mind, i am not sure if the 10 players that TIKHONOV announced will actually be on the team. TIKHONOV may have jumped the gun here...cause he wants to make himself look good to the public, make himself look important.
thus, we can only be sure of ZUBRUS being picked so far...since that was announced by the russian hockey federation. what do you guys think of ZUBRUS? i think he's a good fit since he has size,skill and has played on the checking line for WASHINGTON.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I don't know what to tell you because everything has already been said.

12 players have already been announced, and confirmed by the head coach, Belyaletdinov.

And I'd like to add that NHL.com gets all of its information from the Russian press.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is Tikhonov we're dealing with though. For all we know Trefilov is the starting goalie...

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
k

where did you hear that the REAL coach approved of those 12 players??? TIKHONOV approved,yes...but never did they say that the real coach approved.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
2forsbergaura1 said:
where did you hear that the REAL coach approved of those 12 players??? TIKHONOV approved,yes...but never did they say that the real coach approved.

I read his interview in the Russian press yesterday ...

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I've just read Bilyaletdinov's latest interview in Sovetsky Sport, and he added 2 more things :

1- Valeri Belousov won't be able to assist him at the World Cup, because Avangard's staff will need him at the beginning of the Superleague season that starts on September 1st!
This only shows you how stupid people at the Russian hockey federation can be : first they decided that the season will kick off on September 1st despite the World Cup, and then they name Belousov, the coach of the league's top team to be Bilyaletdinov's assistant, knowing that he won't go to the World Cup! :amazed: :banghead:

2- two more players were added to the roster : Pavel Datsyuk and Daniil Markov.

joe_shannon_1983*

wilka91 said:
2- two more players were added to the roster : Pavel Datsyuk and Daniil Markov.

They are starting to add some serious players now. No more of this "Zubrus, Afinogenov, and Khavanov" type stuff.

So that pushes their total to 14 right? Still need to name 12 more players.

S. Gonchar
D. Markov
O. Tverdovsky
A. Khavanov
A. Markov

A. Yashin
S. Samsonov
P. Datsyuk
A. Nikolishin
A. Zhamnov
D. Zubrus
M. Afinogenov
O. Kvasha
A. Ovechkin

They still need to name:

3 Goaltenders
3 Defensemen
6 Forwards

I wonder who it will be?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
man, all of this news has been posted at www.sovsport.ru (Sovetsky Sport, Russia's leading sports paper, but everything is in Russian, so you won't understand a thing unless you speak Russian.

But well, if you really want those links, here you go :

- about Pavel Datsyuk and D. Markov : http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?date=2004/5/31&id=155361

- the rest of the players (scroll down to the bottom) : http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?pkey0=0000100017&days=7&pkey1=0000200002&id=155227

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
2forsbergaura1 said:
can someone please post the link to this new announcement of D.MARKOV AND DATSYUK? thanks

Are you the one who's quoting me at the Finnish board? :)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
wilka91 said:
man, all of this news has been posted at www.sovsport.ru (Sovetsky Sport, Russia's leading sports paper, but everything is in Russian, so you won't understand a thing unless you speak Russian.

But well, if you really want those links, here you go :

- about Pavel Datsyuk and D. Markov : http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?date=2004/5/31&id=155361

- the rest of the players (scroll down to the bottom) : http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/default.asp?pkey0=0000100017&days=7&pkey1=0000200002&id=155227

Read the FAQ, any breaking news must be provided with proof. Not a whole lot of people are just going to take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad