Russia's coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

modestfwd

May 17, 2004
For the whole Russia/USA taunting issue, I don't feel it is the players fault.

I blame all of Russia's antics on the coach. He should have stopped it before it began. The coach is supposed to be the older & mature one out there, to lead his players. If I had a player acting like a jackoff during a pivotal game, I would either bench him or punish him somehow. Instead, Russia's coach decided to taunt the US players. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. Last time I checked, coaches were not supposed to talk with players on the opposing team. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure thats a bench minor. Yet Russia's coach taunted Fritsche, cursing at him (you could definately read his lips) and pointing to the scoreboard. That's unacceptable, and I think a hockey fan from any nation knows that. I can somewhat understand the coach not wanting to bench Shirokov, Malkin and AO, they're his best players. But you aren't supposed to let the game get out of hand like that. It's all about sportsmanship and respect.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
the game, for some reason, wasn't televised here. so i didn't watch the game, and all i'm going on is highlites...

with that being said, you can't take the blame away from the players. the coach can't go back in time and pre-emptively bench a guy for showboating.

enough with the diplomacy and class in international hockey i say. someone should have gone on the ice and filled malkin after that stunt by the US bench. enough of that "he's just a kid" crap. they're 18 years old, and these players need to be held responsible

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Even though I don't think the taunting was as bad as some people, I agree the coaches need to get a better handle on the team. Slava Fetisov is now the minister of sports in Russia. With any luck, he'll get good buddy Igor Larionov on the coaching staff next year. :bow:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
modestfwd said:
For the whole Russia/USA taunting issue, I don't feel it is the players fault.

I blame all of Russia's antics on the coach. He should have stopped it before it began. The coach is supposed to be the older & mature one out there, to lead his players. If I had a player acting like a jackoff during a pivotal game, I would either bench him or punish him somehow. Instead, Russia's coach decided to taunt the US players. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. Last time I checked, coaches were not supposed to talk with players on the opposing team. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure thats a bench minor. Yet Russia's coach taunted Fritsche, cursing at him (you could definately read his lips) and pointing to the scoreboard. That's unacceptable, and I think a hockey fan from any nation knows that. I can somewhat understand the coach not wanting to bench Shirokov, Malkin and AO, they're his best players. But you aren't supposed to let the game get out of hand like that. It's all about sportsmanship and respect.

you're almost a week late... :speechles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->