Russian hockey journalists

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I mean this "Only SKA is allowed to win" was far fetched from the get go as it started from the ridiculous idea all-star team is so afraid of dropping one game to Severstal they need refs to count the OT winner. Against Severstal. While leading the series already. But obviously somebody thought that's how it all has to be and ignorant people ate it up. 2 months later they probably can't even remember what they were talking about.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He said the KHL is rigged as the great evil Putin ordered SKA to win. Oh, wait, CSKA won, so, only CSKA was allowed to defeat SKA (go figure). I am interested in seeing what he'll have to do if Ak Bars win, that reason alone would be enough to cheer for Kazan :lol:
Isn't it obvious? The refs will rig the finals in favor of AkBars as a revenge of SKA against the western rival, just like the CSKA vs. MMG finals.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
They have their own agenda and so be it. I don't need them to tell me what I can see with my own eyes. KHL has its issues but it has improved in every area since day 1 and we should be happy with that. Remember the days when Kovy ripped the Russian league saying he would never return to rat filled hotels, now look. I am far more entertained watching the KHL than the NHL and its not even close. Thats all I need to know, those guys can write what they want.

Obviously that is key in many discussions about ANY reporting from the KHL. I buddy of mine who I like blogs for a few teams in the KHL and when I last saw him in Kazan he admitted that nearly all his blogs were sent to the local teams and to the KHL for "editing" and when he did interviews he was told what questions to ask and his videos where edited by the a "third party"

It will be interesting to see what happens with the financial meltdown that we all knew was coming and the affects on it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Obviously that is key in many discussions about ANY reporting from the KHL. I buddy of mine who I like blogs for a few teams in the KHL and when I last saw him in Kazan he admitted that nearly all his blogs were sent to the local teams and to the KHL for "editing" and when he did interviews he was told what questions to ask and his videos where edited by the a "third party"

It will be interesting to see what happens with the financial meltdown that we all knew was coming and the affects on it.
Exactly what financial meltdown do you mean?

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Slava Malibu still believes SKA will come back and win the Cup. Bwahaha. How many thousands retweets? That is a "Russian hockey journalist in America" in a nutshell.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Don't worry Slava. Putin will pull another card, disqualify Ak Bars and CSKA and award SKA the Cup. Keep getting those retweets from the bottomest bottom.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I bet very few of those people that retweeted Malamud's diatribe even bothered to check on the outcome of the playoffs.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
The real audience of his are you - people that get riled up by his stuff. He makes living out of retweets by ignorant outsiders or pitchforking insiders, he doesn't care. I wouldn't of heard any of this, if all of you woulnd't continue to spread his stuff everywhere.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
You guys are failing to see the big picture here. Obviously, CSKA defeating SKA was a great mistake by Sechin as it put him out of favor in The Dark Emperor's eyes. Now his grace has shifted towards Minnikhanov and his evil minions, which is highlighted by Ak Bars winning in just 5 games, humilating those who opposed The Darkest One's team.

And I agree that we should just ignore Malamudozvon and his nonsense.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Shevchenko would have deserved a proper spanking...
I followed his "youtube show" during WHC. It is very sad to follow it. Too amateurish like two drunk guys talking at a pub. Shevchenko ignorant as always - "look how stupid question this guy is asking!" And of course, too negative about Russian NT. I know who is Shevchenko... but I still ask myself the same ... when is he finally fired? Someone told me Sport-Express is professional media, while SovSport is tabloid. To be honest, I do not see any difference between them.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I followed his "youtube show" during WHC. It is very sad to follow it. Too amateurish like two drunk guys talking at a pub. Shevchenko ignorant as always - "look how stupid question this guy is asking!" And of course, too negative about Russian NT. I know who is Shevchenko... but I still ask myself the same ... when is he finally fired? Someone told me Sport-Express is professional media, while SovSport is tabloid. To be honest, I do not see any difference between them.

Not until he loses all of his CSKA inside sources... and so far it looks like he only expands those, outside the CSKA I mean.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hard to consider Malamud as a Russian and even harder as a hockey journalist, no idea why everyone keep bringing him up in this thread.
As long as Babchenko is considered a "russian journalist"....

Malamud may have emigrated, but his sole occupation seems to be publishing insulting, false and in every normal counrty illegal statements about Russians and Russia. Seems like he still considers Russia the focal point of his "work". He is also a great example of that certain side of the spectrum in russian jornalism hit by modern ultra-liberalism. They feel entitled to say or do whatever they like, they do not even consider law as a boundary i.e. other people's rights. Sadly it found a way into sports journalism also and Malamud is the one who is responsible the most. And if in fact he wasn't to consider a russian journalist then I wouldd expect to find some other issues than Ovechkin's political views bothering him.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Hard to consider Malamud as a Russian and even harder as a hockey journalist, no idea why everyone keep bringing him up in this thread.
He may not be a Russian, nor a hockey journalist. But, the influential media in Canada/US quote him or invite as a host, and NA based hockey journalists follow him. They all consider him as a Russian hockey journalist, he is their primary source for the KHL/Russian hockey. Nobody of NA based hockey journalists care to call to the KHL office, talk to serious Russian hockey journalists (who are NOT connected to the NHL) or study the KHL deeply (yes, it is difficult because they do not speak Russian). In such a scenario, NA fans get a biased picture of the KHL and Russian hockey. The proof is their activity at the HFB. And not only NA fans, but Europeans as well.

That is a problem of Malamud... not his personality, nationality, but that he is taken seriously by NA based journalists. The same with Kalnins.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I dunno, I’m noticing more and more NA hockey fans are catching on to his schtick.
You wonder if this will be reflected in the NA media regardless of whether he gives them the anti-Russia angle they’re looking for.
At some point he’s gonna cross the line considering the only way he can remain relevant is by making outlandinsh statements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->