Russian hockey journalists

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
That this gold wasn't won in best vs. best tournament but against EHT level of competition.
Olympics is Olympics. That is what matters.

The point with the journalist is another. How does he cover the KHL & the NHL? And this Olympics? Is he neutral or has some agenda? Have you ever read some solutions from him? Because he talks about FHR´s & KHL´s problems so much, but does he offer solutions?

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
That this gold wasn't won in best vs. best tournament but against EHT level of competition.

Oh thank you. It is a such a great point, thank you for pointing this out. I am just kidding of course. In all honestly, this is pretty stupid and nothing but a load of negative emotions. With such a journalist any situation is negative. Win the Olympics - it is bad, lose the Olympics it is bad. If you take this person serious then it is always lose lose situation. In reality, Olympics prior to NHLers participation wasn't best on best, so wasn't the Stanley Cup before the best European players joined the NHL, so what? Does anyone say oh these Cups don't matter, do not celebrate. I am not sure who all of those people who take this guy serious but what I do not understand how he manages to get into Russia's dressing room so easily just like Malamud was able to do it before he was exposed as Russia's hater. Again, this is very liberal Russia that allows punks like him easy access where they should be at all.

Reactions: TommySalo

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm not defending the person itself or the way he is spinning things. Obviously, the guy has an agenda. However, the post vorky initially quoted is at least factually correct and should be acknowledged. For a general population outside of Russia the point of that post isn't even negative, it's just a statement of facts. Nobody is telling to not celebrate but obviously that celebration should come with a pinch of salt in it. I think that has to be pretty obvious for everyone but people who are trying to desperately boost their ego.

P.S. Stanley cup, unlike the Olympics, was never considered to be best on the best tournament because it isn't. It's extremely rare occurrence for the Stanley cup final to even feature Vezina, Norris and Hart trophy winners all at the same time.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
"Gold is gold" to quote from a Ridley Scott movie, but the way tge guy put it there was obviously way more than the sober facts. He was trying to create very certain narratives there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
With that I agree. That's why I wrote "the point of the post". The post itself, as I've mentioned, sure was very snarky.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Lets look at Shevchenko more closely. He reports that Slovan & D.Riga leaving the KHL after this season. Slovan & D.Riga refused it.

That is called agenda. For some reason, he has advocated Severstal to stay for all season. Why?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Lets look at Shevchenko more closely. He reports that Slovan & D.Riga leaving the KHL after this season. Slovan & D.Riga refused it.

That is called agenda. For some reason, he has advocated Severstal to stay for all season. Why?

I am not all that sure that he has an actual agenda. He's just doing what typical Russian media do: They have a russian league, it sucks because it's just russian and thus it's low level just because it's Russian. They have an international league, it sucks because there are foreigners.
Everything sucks. That's all.

Reactions: Fantomas

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I am not all that sure that he has an actual agenda. He's just doing what typical Russian media do: They have a russian league, it sucks because it's just russian and thus it's low level just because it's Russian. They have an international league, it sucks because there are foreigners.
Everything sucks. That's all.
Yes, that is what I thought.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If you watch the replay it was clearly offside. I dont know what happened there, perhaps the refs were reviewing to see if the goal was a high stick and not even consider the offside, I dont know?

The problem is like most all of the NA mainstream media, they take some small sample size and come to some serious conclusion. Then a couple of brainless media personalities blow more hot air into the story and everyone goes crazy. The whole league is now garbage because of SKA

The reality is that yes, SKA is what it is. But what about the rest of the league? To see Amur get into the PO and even win a game, low budget team taking a chunk out of giant. What about the battle to make the PO at the end of the season, showing improved parity. How about the progression of Russian hockey in general. If you EP the top 100 U24 players in the KHL, this is night and day to where the quality was even 5-6 years ago. Teams who werent paying players were dropped from the league, and more so to come in the near future - increased financial stability of the league. BOD had meetings and mandates to improve these things, yet media still want to talk about guys not getting paid.

There are plenty of great progressions beyond SKA and CSKA, but the media is obsessed with the negative.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Unfortunately this is very true especially in Russia. The problem is that the biggest graphomania-afflicted guys are negative posters, though not all of them are like that, of course. If you stay off sports.ru you already solved 50% of the problem.
The dude running sportsru(pun intended) is the answer to all the questions about their content.Dude''s name is Yury Dud'.

Eventually he will get what's coming to him soon.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Shevchenko is really funny guy. He wrote one or two weeks ago that Slovan, Riga & Yugra are leaving. Today, he wrote Yugra & Lada are leaving. :D

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Shevchenko is really funny guy. He wrote one or two weeks ago that Slovan, Riga & Yugra are leaving. Today, he wrote Yugra & Lada are leaving. :D

Is it just me or is almost all the russian (sports)media like this? Bouncing back and forth with the "news"...

I understand that journalists have tight deadlines, but the quality should not be sacrificed. Often the Finnish trash-media just blindly quotes these shevchenkos and people make conclusions from those... Especially if the news are "negative" they tend to draw some attention.. And when these shevchenkos correct their writings, media here says nothing...

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is it just me or is almost all the russian (sports)media like this? Bouncing back and forth with the "news"...

I understand that journalists have tight deadlines, but the quality should not be sacrificed. Often the Finnish trash-media just blindly quotes these shevchenkos and people take conclusions from those... Especially if the news are "negative" the tend to draw some attention.. And when these shevchenkos correct their writings, media here says nothing...

I can not say about Finnish media, but Slovak & Czech hockey media have no idea what is going on in the KHL. So, it is not a suprise they quote anybody, especially if it is negative news. Verify the news? Who cares? Once again, not all Russian journalists are as bad as Schevchenko. Even Schevchenko is not bad, he just have an agenda. Last year, he started the campaing "save Novokuznetsk in the KHL, because they developed Bobrovsky & co." This year, he started similar campaign, this time "save Severstal, because they started to be more open to media this season." And of course, Schevchenko joined Severstal at one foreign trip. We will see how it will end. It is interesting how he has changed the rethoric within a few weeks.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He is not. But I admit that his interviews are great. He should really focus more on what he makes best. Barking at the moon is a thing that most journalists should avoid doing, yet it's incredible how's attracting for them.
Ok, I used bad term. I wanted to say that he is not consistent. He says something one day and totaly different thing other day. If the info is not confirmed, then he should think if it is useful to write it. And how to write it. Look, Kalnins genius quoted Sevchenko (without credit to the source), IMO, saying "KHL confirms the report that the league will deduct two teams." When did the KHL confirm it? Why no media inform about such a big story? You know, the league sends press releases to everyone. I doubt all media would ignore such important thing. Or did the league confirm it to Kalnins exclusively? I doubt, because the league has NEVER commented new teams or contracted teams or anything before the official decision is done. And yet, no decision is done. Why should the league break the rule now? Because of Kalnins? Just want to say that a journalist should be careful what he is saying. Schevchenko can have good interviews, but he should not do things he is not good at. You said the same, I hope, so we can agree each other.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I watched a presser with Chernyshenko. One famous jounalist asked so ... questions that Chernyshenko had problems not to laugh :D

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Well, Shevchenko or not Shevchenko, you need to give props to Chernyshenko for getting into an office and directly reply to journalists. Can you imagine Bettman doing the same?
EDIT: and he actually replied to all the questions, not just political BS.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, Shevchenko or not Shevchenko, you need to give props to Chernyshenko for getting into an office and directly reply to journalists. Can you imagine Bettman doing the same?

He does it I think every season with Ron McLean, who asks him tough questions, often trying to put him in a tough spot, yet failing every time.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I like Chernyshenko for his press conferences. He is factual, all the time. But he never tell more than is needed (see his reply about regular season games in Europe, he asked some guy if he can reveal more details now, decided it can not be done now. Hoping they will annouce these games, if there will be any, at the same time as a schedule.)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I like Chernyshenko for his press conferences. He is factual, all the time. But he never tell more than is needed (see his reply about regular season games in Europe, he asked some guy if he can reveal more details now, decided it can not be done now. Hoping they will annouce these games, if there will be any, at the same time as a schedule.)
I don't like what Chernyshenkobaka Accountant is doing. He has zero idea of hockey and destroys it's future.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I don't like what Chernyshenkobaka Accountant is doing. He has zero idea of hockey and destroys it's future.
Fine. So what is wrong? People complain about salary cap, but was is a job of Chernyshenko? He proposed 600 million, but the Board approved something else. The FHR does not agree with Lada & Yugra being off. OK. But the league decided to contract, so they need to finish it. Lets hope it will be good for the league. Yes, I do not agree with a decision that Seva stayed. Chernyshenko failed here, I agree. But if they do what they presented last year - 24 teams, accepting 4 new one. I have no problem with technical issues during a process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad