Russian Fans appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Throughout the entire tournament, Russian fans have been one of the loudest and most supportive. Not in one game they have been outscreamed by the opposition fans. During the QF against Canada, I have not heard so much of a peepsqueak of "Go Canada" or something like that. Against USA, I heard "U-S-A" only a few times (after each US goal). American fans were the only fans that managed to spell the name of their country amongst the constant drum beat, "ROS-SI-YA" and "SHAIBU." This is by far the strongest fan support that Team Russia has ever had. To all Russian fans that made it to the Olympics, THANK YOU!!! :bow: :bow: I wish I was there.

blamebettman*

Russian fans are by far the loudest and most involved out of all the countries fans. They show up to the games with the most flags, chant "Shaibu Shaibu Shaibu!!!" "Rassiya Rassiya Rassiya!" Bring along tons of noisemakers and drums, Kalinka Malinka!!! They sing along!

I swear I saw one of the fans with a balalaika.

wouldn't shock me to find smirnoff under some of the taller mink hats :D

lennie

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I am definately cheering for Russia. :yo:

For the Russia Finland game, I am buying myself a bottle of Stolichnaya and a shot glass.
Every time Ovechkin makes some move that just amazes me. I take a shot of Stoly.

Should be fun!! Hope I remember the game:D

blamebettman*

lennie said:
I am definately cheering for Russia. :yo:

For the Russia Finland game, I am buying myself a bottle of Stolichnaya and a shot glass.
Every time Ovechkin makes some move that just amazes me. I take a shot of Stoly.

Should be fun!! Hope I remember the game:D

Just one bottle?

Jazz

Cheers to you guys! Your team played well. I have maintianed for years that the hockey world needs a Russian team that shows the heart this team has!

BTW, I made this post last week:
Jazz said:
Anyways, I have made the comment to my friend that if Canada does not make it to the final (which is looking more and more likely), I am wishing for a Sweden - Russia final as would be good from the perspective that both nation's national federations need a boost after years of underachieving. Plus it would help the sport of Hockey's standing in those 2 countries, which seems to have taken a dip compared to previous years....

Nazdrovia!

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
I just watch the game ... man was that fun. I though Kovy was one of the best players for Russia. The fans were super!!!!!!!

StealingSociety

Feb 20, 2006
I wonder how many people here actually understand what those chants mean. Of course there are a lot of fans from other countries here, like Russia...

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
StealingSociety said:
I wonder how many people here actually understand what those chants mean. Of course there are a lot of fans from other countries here, like Russia...
They chanted "russia.. russia" for most of the game and "puck .. puck" sometimes. They also chanted "good-job .. good-job" (something along those lines, there is no good word in english for this).

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
SHAIBUUUUUUUUUUUU !!!!!!!!!!!!! All the russian flags and fans wow ! It was nice to see ! SHAIBU !!!!!!!!! Rosija ! Molodci rebjata !!!!!!!!!!! :handclap:

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Muscle Bob said:
If you mean "Molodci", it means "good guys"
Well more or less, but there is no good work for it.

If you do something well like get the car fixed in 5 min:
"molodci"
but if someone says after you do all this "good guy", its not the same.

VladNYC*

It was amazing to see soooo many Russian fans. Also any one see that one guy with the HUUUUUGGGEEE Russian flag? Looks like he stole is from the embassy!

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Here we are at Saint Paul's 2004 Russia-USA game, which we lost :cry: About a hundred or so of us were louder than the whole Excel. Fans approached us after the game, commenting on our enthusiasm.

Last edited:

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
aylib said:
Here we are at Saint Paul's 2004 Russia-USA game, which we lost :cry: About a hundred or so of us were louder than the whole Excel. Fans approached us after the game, commenting on our enthusiasm.
Wish I was there with you guys.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Nemchinov13 said:
Throughout the entire tournament, Russian fans have been one of the loudest and most supportive. Not in one game they have been outscreamed by the opposition fans. During the QF against Canada, I have not heard so much of a peepsqueak of "Go Canada" or something like that. Against USA, I heard "U-S-A" only a few times (after each US goal). American fans were the only fans that managed to spell the name of their country amongst the constant drum beat, "ROS-SI-YA" and "SHAIBU." This is by far the strongest fan support that Team Russia has ever had. To all Russian fans that made it to the Olympics, THANK YOU!!! :bow: :bow: I wish I was there.

You forgot to mention your humility...

Weltsky

Sep 21, 2005
Calgary, Alberta
Nova88 said:
They chanted "russia.. russia" for most of the game and "puck .. puck" sometimes. They also chanted "good-job .. good-job" (something along those lines, there is no good word in english for this).
The should be chanting "Nabby, Nabby!" I have never seen this guy play so good in my life! :amazed:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Jimmi Jenkins said:
Hey you know what, Russia out played Canada and deserved to win, props to you guys, I hope you do well.

i second that, i can't wait to see what Malkin and Ovechkin can bring to the rest of the tournament!

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Jimmi Jenkins and AvsGuy

Thank you. Thank you so much. We're going to need all the luck that we can get. I suspect that these Finnish guys could be better than Canada and we may have an even bigger battle (which is hard to believe afther the game we had) than with the Canadians. Well, hopefully, Russian fans in Turino will outscream the Finnish fans and their cheers will give our team a constant 6th skater on ice.

Nova88

Oct 6, 2005
Nemchinov13 said:
Thank you. Thank you so much. We're going to need all the luck that we can get. I suspect that these Finnish guys could be better than Canada and we may have an even bigger battle (which is hard to believe afther the game we had) than with the Canadians. Well, hopefully, Russian fans in Turino will outscream the Finnish fans and their cheers will give our team a constant 6th skater on ice.
I hope the 6th skater is Malkin or .... The Ovey One.
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->