Russian entry in 2006 Canada-Russia Challenge

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by HF Article, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HF Article

HF Article Registered User

For the fourth season in a row, the Russian Hockey Federation is sending an U20 squad to Canada to compete against the best players Canadian juniors can offer in the ADT Canada-Russia Challenge.

Read full article...

2. zurg999

zurg999 Registered User

Engineer
    Home Page:
    My wife just phoned to say they got word that the Russian team is on the way in to her restaurant. She's going to see if they'll allow a few pics, etc. I asked her to see if they're carrying any promo material, and if so to try for a few autographs.

I don't really any juniors closely, so I gave her the following names to look for, if she can be selective:

Vishnevskiy
    Bashkirov x2
    Tulupov
    Proskuryakov
    Shipachev

Anyone else a 'must add'?

3. Slitty

Slitty Registered User

The captain and best blueliner in Zubarev. He is also the only one to play at last year's World Juniors and is probably going to be playfully rowdy at your wife's restaurant.

If you're interested in those who actually have a shot at play in Sweden this year, add Lange, Shvalev, Osipov, Kazionov, Kiryukhin, Zyuzin (and much less so Zachupenko + Shibaev) as possible (or remote in some cases) candidates.

4. dylan

dylan Registered User

last night after the OHL thumped the russians we met about 6 of the russians at a bar afterwards. they were hilarious. i didnt get any names but a highlight of the conversation was one russian saying "i hate the french, the french are *******"

one of the russians had a mullet. it ruled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.