Russian Alexandre Vasyunov

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

A good friend of mine was saying this kid looks like the next best thing from Russia. Basically said he's an amazing offensive talent but didn't have a good read on him.

Has anyone seen him play? or have a report on this kid? Is he up there with Ovechkin?

Thank you.

Also, was he at the U-17 tournament in St. Johns last year? I'm recieving a tape of the tournaments final two games, well I see him?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's not up there with Ovechkin, but he's damn talented. I'd say he's more in the range of Zherdev. I don't think he'll be #1, but he has a great chance of top 5. And I don't think he'll drop.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
he is 2006 ranked (88 born), he is suppose to be the 1st overall pick, and reports that I am hearing is that he has the ability to be better than Kovalchuck. He is putting up better numbers for his age than guys like Ovechkin and Kovalchuck put up and people are saying he could be the better talent of the wave of the Russians here.

I will see him at this years U17s in Lethbridge when I go so I will get a better read on his then.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
From what I have heard he wasn't really spectacular in the 4-nations tournament held in Sweden this past season. Vasyunov scored 3 goals, 0 assists in 3 games which obviously is respectable, but from what I gathered there were other Russians that stood out more... such as Popov (forward) and Kutdusov (defenseman).
I also heard that Russia had two interesting/good goalies in the tournament, one named Varlamov, but the other ones name escapes me at the moment.. grr
oh well :)

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
I belive a poster named «Guillaume» on the Russian board told me that his incredible stats were mostly due to lack of competitivness in his area, since most of the other talanted kids were form «Ural» region.. but that was maybe a year ago.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Slick Nick said:
I belive a poster named «Guillaume» on the Russian board told me that his incredible stats were mostly due to lack of competitivness in his area, since most of the other talanted kids were form «Ural» region.. but that was maybe a year ago.

You can say that in any Youth AAA type league though.... with the exception of the GTHL maybe?

I know when a top nhler from Kingston plays AAA they usually dominant

Derek Roy from Ottawa in Major Bantam had 92 points in 36 games.. 64 goals.. wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->