Russia WJC Roster?

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
This could be a good thing. Sometimes being a dark horse in a tournament is more favorable than being a favorite.:teach:

Yeah I like the fact that nobody expects us to win this year. The last 2 years we were the favourites and look at what happened.. When everybody says we are not good enough, I hope it only motivates the players more to go out and show that they can do it.

This year the tournament is in Sweden and Canada won't have the advantage of a home crowd not to mention their players aren't as used to the big ice as our guys are.

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
www.russianhockeyfans.com
Zine said:
I'd say Krysanov will be more of the go-to guy - if Russia has such a player this year. Maybe Zubov or Makarov also.
Here is an article and very useful table at the bottom:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?132434
There is a table with roster and points. Krysanov has 30g, 1+10
Cherepanov looks dominant there...
By the way, where is Velichkin ? Why there is Glovatskiy ? Velichkin has played 21 games for Metallurg and have 3 points, Glovatskiy played only 7 games and no points..

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
Сборная ярославской выделки
Look at date when this article was written: "9 октября 2006"
Вряд ли ошибусь, если предположу, что под Новый год в Канаду улетят человек шесть, играющих сегодня в Ярославле.
And now look at the roster... 6 players from Lokomotiv :shakehead
That's not good at all.. I hate it when coach takes players only because they play in his club...
Also I have question why there is Bespalov and not Proskyrakov ? Where is Milovzorov ?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
And now look at the roster... 6 players from Lokomotiv :shakehead
That's not good at all.. I hate it when coach takes players only because they play in his club...

None of the Lokomotiv selections are too bad. Yeah, I would rather have Trukhno or Popov instead of Kiryukhin, and I still don't get why Popikhin made him captain halfway through the ADT Challenge. However, he is one of a pool of players of arguably similar quality forwards who all *could have* made the team, and certainly not the most questionable name on this roster.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
Anyone know whos supposed to be the #1 Dman and get top PP time?
Is Alexandrov one of the better defensemen on the team?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
To any Russian fans out there, what line do you think center Anismov will be on? Thanks

I guess Zubov is 1st line center like last year (he played 1st line minutes with Malkin and was on his wing) and Churilov is 2nd line center like last year. So, it looks like he is 3rd or 4th line center

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Here is an article and very useful table at the bottom:
http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?132434
There is a table with roster and points. Krysanov has 30g, 1+10
Cherepanov looks dominant there...
By the way, where is Velichkin ? Why there is Glovatskiy ? Velichkin has played 21 games for Metallurg and have 3 points, Glovatskiy played only 7 games and no points..

Great stats.....but I'm not sure you want to rely on an '89 to lead the team. Even Ovechkin and Crosby didn't do that in the WJC at the same age -- despite having better stats than the players they played behind.

I'm guessing Velichkin gets more playing time with Metallurg because of who he is. Glovatsky been better for the national team (at least stat wise).

Muscle Bob

Aug 7, 2005
Russia
Great stats.....but I'm not sure you want to rely on an '89 to lead the team. Even Ovechkin and Crosby didn't do that in the WJC at the same age -- despite having better stats than the players they played behind.
Well, yeah, but don't forget that this is RSL statistic. It means that playing against big adult guys Cherepanov is a point leader... So why should he play bad with the guys that are 2 years older than he ?

I'm guessing Velichkin gets more playing time with Metallurg because of who he is. Glovatsky been better for the national team (at least stat wise).
Heh, no way ! That is impossible in the team like Metallurg. Beleive me, Velichkin plays much better than Glovatskiy in the team.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Nope! Sergei Makarov has two sons, one who lives in Calgary and is not playing any hockey and another one who is about 8 years old.

I think the confusion stems from Igor Makarov's father also being a hockey player. He was, however, a defenseman and by no means the legendary Sergei Makarov.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I know Anismov is playing a defensive role on the 3rd line for Rus...but how is he doing? He was drafted by the rangers because of his size and offensive skill...is he showing that in the WJCs this year?

Any imput on him would be great and I will post it on the Ranger board....thanks all.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I know Anismov is playing a defensive role on the 3rd line for Rus...but how is he doing? He was drafted by the rangers because of his size and offensive skill...is he showing that in the WJCs this year?

Any imput on him would be great and I will post it on the Ranger board....thanks all.

Hmm, I wouldn't necessarily say defensive as the top three lines are of equal offensive nature. Hell, even the 4th line is quick to the attack when they see icetime. Overall, Anisimov has been solid and looking quite dangerous offensively as well as potent defensively.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
My understanding that he is a team Denmark player. He wasn't on Denmark's U20 roster this year though so I'm guessing his QMJHL team didn't let him come play..

For the billionth time, he wants to play for Russia, but was not invited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad