Russia WJC Roster?

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Popov not being included is a head scratcher.
Not even on the preliminary roster :shakehead

ididitlangway said:
Yep, Sergei's son.
Zine said:
Yeah, Gennady is his dad.
Wow, i completely missed they were related.
btw, do you think the two sons deserved their spot on the preliminary roster?

Kaizer said:
Last cuts will be made after friendly game againt HC Khimik...December, 16th.
Any news?? :help:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Nope! Sergei Makarov has two sons, one who lives in Calgary and is not playing any hockey and another one who is about 8 years old.
Weird, if true. The NA media noted repeatedly that he was Sergei's son:
Rolling into the second round, we had a couple more brother combinations. But we also had a father-son bloodline, plus one that covers four generations.

The round started with Chicago picking Igor Makarov with the 33rd choice.

"Bloodlines?" asked Blackhawks GM Dale Tallon. "Oh, yeah. That guy."

Igor Makarov had just nine goals and seven assists for Krylja in Russia last season. But he has a lot of the same traits as dad, Sergei, who was on the famed KLM Line -- Krutov, Larionov and Makarov -- of Russian lore. The same Sergei Makarov who at over 30 when he came over to play in the NHL and won Rookie of the Year honors with the Calgary Flames.

"He's certainly gifted," Tallon said. "He has those great Makarov hands ... and he competes like hell." (Source)
HF:
Igor Makarov, RW – Krylja (Russia)
33rd overall, 6’1 183
His father Sergei played in the 1970’s for the Soviet Union.
SI:
If Igor Makarov (33rd) is half the player his father, the great Sergei Makarov, was, he'll become a valuable forward.
Red Line Report on last year's Russia/Canada Challenge:
That said, this year's Russian team featured the best prospect they've ever brought: slick winger Igor Makarov (son of former Red Army and Calgary Flames great Sergei Makarov).

russianrocket24

Very strange. I know Sergei, I know his oldest son Artem and I know Sergei's second wife. But none of them ever mentioned that there is another son. Give me one of two days and I will find out.

So, just got confirmation from Sergei's oldest son. There is no relation between Sergei and Igor Makarov. That untrue story was brought up by USA Today,
http://www.usatoday.com:80/sports/hockey/columnist/woodlief/2005-12-22-red-line-report_x.htm
and all the other newspapers most probably took the information without checking the facts.

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If I had to take a wild guess, I would put my 2 cents on Velichkin and Glovatsky. The same thing happened to Evgeni Malkin and Dimitri Pestunov (also from Magnitogorsk) 2-3 years ago if I recall correctly.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Among the potential final roster players who, is the top rated prospect for this year's draft? I'm really at a loss when it comes to European scouting.

Also, I was wondering who that is in your avatar Slitty, another great Russian to look out for?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Who were the players? Or does it not say?

I can't say for sure if it was doping related, but Nikita Bespalov and Egor Milovzorov have left Novogorsk - where training camp was being held. I don't, however, think that the two were simply cut. Without Bespalov the team is left with only two goaltenders and few would have expected Milovzorov to be the first forward singled out as not WJC material.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I don't suppose anyone would be up to giving Oiler fans an idea of how Bumagin is doing so far, and if he's got a realistic shot at making the team? According to this article it sounds like he's holding his own, but I'd love to get some insight into what this kid is all about. Thank you in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->