Russia WJC Roster?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
This was the roster for their most recent U20 tune-up tourney in the Czech Rep. The WJC roster will probably be very similar to it.

Semen Varlamov
Ilya Proskuryakov

Yuri Alexandrov
Vitali Anikeenko
Vyacheslav Buravchikov
Pavel Valentenko
Andrei Zubarev
Alexander Loginov
Denis Osipov
Alexei Shvalev

Artem Anisimov
Alexander Vasyunov
Anton Glovatsky
Mikhail Glukhov
Ilya Zubov
Dmitri Zyuzin
Anton Krysanov
Alexander Kucheryavenkov
Igor Makarov
Gennady Churilov
Egor Milovzorov
Andrei Kiryukhin

Vishnevsky and Trukhno would be good additions from the CHL. It makes absolutely no sense that Bumagin and Popov weren't on there either.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This was the roster for their most recent U20 tune-up tourney in the Czech Rep. The WJC roster will probably be very similar to it.

Semen Varlamov
Ilya Proskuryakov

Yuri Alexandrov
Vitali Anikeenko
Vyacheslav Buravchikov
Pavel Valentenko
Andrei Zubarev
Alexander Loginov
Denis Osipov
Alexei Shvalev

Artem Anisimov
Alexander Vasyunov
Anton Glovatsky
Mikhail Glukhov
Ilya Zubov
Dmitri Zyuzin
Anton Krysanov
Alexander Kucheryavenkov
Igor Makarov
Gennady Churilov
Egor Milovzorov
Andrei Kiryukhin

Vishnevsky and Trukhno would be good additions from the CHL. It makes absolutely no sense that Bumagin and Popov weren't on there either.

How do you think this Russians team will stack up against the rest of the teams in the tournament.

germanative

May 27, 2004
Any chance for Kirill Tulupov(D) from Chicoutimi(CHL)?

Yesterday, he played a great game against Victoriaville. Big size, great shot.

9 pts in 21 games this season.

Last edited:

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I thought Zharkov is a decent prospect.

Anyone know if he'll be on the team?

I agree, I was definitely looking forward to seeing his name on this list? :dunno:
Also, it'd be nice to be able to watch an '07-eligible like Cherepanov, Korostin, etc... chances of seeing this at all?

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Would make sense to select the core from the team recently playing such as the roster above, but I assumed they may add a few players currently in the CHL or elsewhere. I was wondering whether Dovgan would get any consideration and whether his deciding to play in N.A. (currently ECHL, SC Stingrays) will factor into whether he is named to the team.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
How about some of the '07-eligible prospects (Cherepanov, Korostin, etc.)?

The only one who will get consideration is Cherepanov. While I am of the popular opinion that he needs to be playing in Sweden, who knows, the coaches may deem him too young.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Any chance for Kirill Tulupov(D) from Chicoutimi(CHL)?

Yesterday, he played a great game against Victoriaville. Big size, great shot.

9 pts in 21 games this season.

Unlikely, there is a whole host of blueliners such as (what comes to mind off the top of my head) Lange, Bodrov, Ryasenky, Prigaro, Egorshev and Vishnevsky that would get consideration ahead of him.

Fatman

Aug 22, 2006
Sweden
Unlikely, there is a whole host of blueliners such as (what comes to mind off the top of my head) Lange, Bodrov, Ryasenky, Prigaro, Egorshev and Vishnevsky that would get consideration ahead of him.

:biglaugh: Some guys play great games and some guys*fathers pay a great dough.That*s the point!:teach:
P.S. Vishnevsky belongs to the first half .

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Why isn't Trukhno going to make the team? I'm guessing it's due to politics.

What have you got in mind under "politics"?

It hasn't been established that he isn't going to be on the team... Yet if we don't see him in Sweden, I think it would most likely be due to lack of exposure to the national team's coaching staff. The rest of these guys have been playing together in various smaller international tournaments throughout the year, as well as actually playing in Russia where they are easier to scout. Trukhno on the other hand has _never_ played in Russia, has very limited experience with the Russian national team amounting to a single U18 tournament where he did not play too well, and did not participate in the ADT Challenge; missing an excellent opportunity to showcase himself.

Last edited:

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
The only one who will get consideration is Cherepanov. While I am of the popular opinion that he needs to be playing in Sweden, who knows, the coaches may deem him too young.
Well, not only would be good for him, it would be probably good for the Russian junior team as well considering he looks already better than most of the '88 born guys..

btw Slitty, i was shocked this Summer when Andrei Popov lasted until the 7th round before being selected by the Flyers. I see he has now 11pts in the RSL, what do you think of his chances to make the team?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
btw Slitty, i was shocked this Summer when Andrei Popov lasted until the 7th round before being selected by the Flyers. I see he has now 11pts in the RSL, what do you think of his chances to make the team?

It hard to say since he hasn't seen much action with the national team since his rather poor showing at the U18. I think its fairly evident that he deserves to be there, but I have no idea if the coaches agree. His chances are like Trukhno's - it wouldn't surprise me if he did or did not get named to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->