Russia WILL ice weakened team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Slay said:
Sushinsky is a RW, Kharitonov is a LW. I think Kozlov can fill Samsonov's spot on the LW, he shoots right so this position should suit him well. I am looking forward to the last year's duo Kozlov-Yashin. Also I'd like to see Korolyuk over Morozov. And I hope Brylin will make the team.

Yes, Yashin-Kozlov should do good. They played well together. Well, in Austria Kozlov played on the RW all the time so why not put him there agian?

What about this: Frolov-Yashin-Kozlov? If necessary, they could be used a checking line. I like that combination.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
PavelBure said:
i still think russia has a shot at the gold medal. remember 98 russia wasnt that strong of a team and they came within one goal of the gold

Lots of teams have a shot at gold will be a great tourny for sure.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
helicecopter said:
Oh, so i guess Mozyakin should be a lock for the team! (note that i'm not saying Morozov should not make it)

Well Morozov lead the league in scoring the year all the NHLers played. These guys arent unproven as we saw how they compared to NHLers last year.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Did guys like Berezin, Slava Kozlov, Nikolishin, and Yuskevich not get included because they arent good enough or because they wouldnt have played. Slava Kozlov is looking pretty good to make this team if he was in the long list at this point.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
helicecopter said:
Oh, so i guess Mozyakin should be a lock for the team! (note that i'm not saying Morozov should not make it)

No, its more than just numbers as we all know. Even with their numbers comparable, Morozov has experience, and can handle NHL defensemen much better. Mozyakin is too small to skate around big defence. If you are small, you have to be a Datsyuk to go to the OG.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
Did guys like Berezin, Slava Kozlov, Nikolishin, and Yuskevich not get included because they arent good enough or because they wouldnt have played. Slava Kozlov is looking pretty good to make this team if he was in the long list at this point.

Berezin retired. Kozlov wouldn't go and wouldn't be called on. Nikolishin is a shadow of 2002 edition of himself as you pointed out. In fact Krikunov said something like "Enough! You can't include subpar players even on the initial roster" when asked about Nikolishin. Yushkevich... Hmm. I would include him in the taxi squad.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Den said:
I still thnik it's just Zubov
Zubov is a great player; he'd help your team. But I saw Volchenkov last night, and thought how the Russian blue line will have some muscle. Now, who's expected to captain the squad? Kovalev?

Ice

Feb 13, 2004
Slitty said:
Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Kovalev
Kovalchuk-Yashin-Korolyuk

Ovechkin will likely earn his way to the top line sometime but there is no way he deserves to be ahead of Kovalchuk now.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
helicecopter said:
That's why i mentioned Mozyakin.. to say the fact Morozov (that i put on my team on the Russian board btw) lead RSL in points last year doesn't mean Samsonov is not better than him.

Correct. He is not better, not worse. Like choosing between Staal and Spezza. As I said Samsonov is totally replacable: both Morozov ans Semin will be as qualified in his shoes.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Absolut said:
Zubov is a great player; he'd help your team. But I saw Volchenkov last night, and thought how the Russian blue line will have some muscle. Now, who's expected to captain the squad? Kovalev?

I think it's 50% Kovalev, 25% Su, 25% Yashin.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Den said:
I think it's 50% Kovalev, 25% Su, 25% Yashin.
Cool, thanks. It's great to see Kovalev mature from a talented young (pardon...) idiot on the Rangers to a wonderful leader on the Habs.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Ice said:
Ovechkin will likely earn his way to the top line sometime but there is no way he deserves to be ahead of Kovalchuk now.

Its not about who is better or which is the top line so much, I expect to get all, or at least the top 3 lines about equal playing time.

Fact of the matter is: Kovalchuk can't play with Datsyuk + Kovalev, the duo that will be featured on the first line most likely. We tried it at the 2002 Olympics, and it didnt work. So, purely for sensible line creation purposes, Ovechkin should get 1st line duties.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Den said:
Correct. He is not better, not worse. Like choosing between Staal and Spezza. As I said Samsonov is totally replacable: both Morozov ans Semin will be as qualified in his shoes.

I dont think Semin has a hope of making it with his awful season so far and Rosno performance.

To be expendable: Samsonov has to be worse than or equal to 3 of the following - Afinogenov, Morozov, Korolyuk, Kharitonov.

I know for a fact he is better than Afinogenov, who will make the team while Samsonov wont play. Just in this exchange we are loosing quite a bit of quality.

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
They still have a decent team evern without those guys. Never count them out... well count them out if Khabibulin turns them down.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Rabid Ranger said:
How on earth can people say that's still a strong team? Not alot of proven forwards, a spotty defense, and inconsistent goaltending.

You forgot to add your sarcastic smiley, right?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slitty said:
I dont think Semin has a hope of making it with his awful season so far and Rosno performance.

Well, Semin does not deserve to be there right now, I admit.

To be expendable: Samsonov has to be worse than or equal to 3 of the following - Afinogenov, Morozov, Korolyuk, Kharitonov.

Afinogenov is on the team. To be REPLACABLE Samsonov has to be no better than the other three, and right now he is certainly not than the two of them.

I know for a fact he is better than Afinogenov
How's that? :dunno:

Just in this exchange we are loosing quite a bit of quality.

There's no exchange Afinogenov would be on the team with or without Samsonov. Korolyuk and Afinogenov would be making the team anyway. So it's between Samsonov and Morozov, and it's equal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->