Russia - Ukraine

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
I wasnt cursing on your pp. I just have bad memories from last year when at the most important moment of last years WC two best players on ice that night;Ovechkin and Malkin(who played maybe the best game together what they have ever played, it was like they had the same brain) were sitting on the bench. It was unbelievable and the only man to blame was the coach IMO. So i'm afraid that something similiar will happen again.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
One more so we can have the same score that we had against Denmark. Then Finland will beat Russia 9-1 :D

VladNYC*

Meh. At least no one got hurt. Team Russia has a lot to work on in practice. I hope they step it up for Finland or they are gonna get creamed at home.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
In fact a loss to Finland would serve a very good purpose...

Man, that would not. They have to keep this momentum and win against Finland will do that. And also we certainly need to get these points for the next round robin.

I understand that some of you are afraid of our players underestimating future opponents, but it is hard to believe because of Bykov's system. And of course everyone remembers St.Petersburg-2000.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
LOL. The commentators on Finnish television seem to be such team Russia fans, they are like 'omg that was great' all the time-- hehe.

Yeah the attack looks very impressive and it's so nice to look at, Propably the best in the world, but the defence and goaltending.. well, not so good. Thats what i'm afraid.

Finland plays very well organised game and i think that Russians are going to get frustrated by this, they maybe get some stupid penalties and play solo and i think that Finland will win, but it will be a tough one.. 4-2 to Finland i say.

Of cource i hope that Russia beats us 10-0. LOL, i'm a masochist. Well, i stopped caring about Finnish ice hockey few years ago, at first i just got so sick of losing all the time so it was pure self-defence..but nowdays i just enjoy russian hockey waaay more. Everyone hates me because of this..luckily one of my friends loves Sweden, so i'm not the only one 'betraying my country'. :)

VladNYC*

Maybe you are Right Den,a loss would do some good. Get the Team's head straight.

Proshkin was probably the best defender so he can say what he wants, but we all know that had they played a top 7 team today he would be talking about why they lost right now.

I really hope the team isn't diluted enough to think that that was good defensive play.

What is going to happen if we play Sweden who traps and our forwards won't be able to tango around on the ice?

What about if we play Canada or USA who will smash and smother and frustrate our offense in to making our mistakes. Will our defense hold up then?

What if we play Slovakia whose offense is no less talented then ours. Who has a better goalie in Halak and who has Chara on defense.

We don't need goals from guys like Gonchar and Proshkin, we have some of the world's best forwards for that. Block a shot, stop a pass, help the goalie out for god's sake. Koshechkin is probably one of the best RSL goalies we have had, but with this defense he is going to have to be Tretiak good for us to win. Let's hope he really does have those cat like reflexes like his last name implies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->