Russia - Ukraine

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Its a fairly even game. Apart from Kazan's line and Ovechkin, there isn't a whole lot of effective passing amongst the forwards. Russia's defence looks quite iffy, I hate to think what a more capable forward will do if Ukraine's 4th liner in Vitaly Donika is able to beat both both defencemen en route to a breakaway.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
Thank you Slitty. Russia may have the best and most skillfull forwards but the defence and the goalies(?) make me worry. I mean emerenko had a great save but i still don't trust them very much.. :shakehead

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
3-1. Nikulin from Zaripiov. ZZM rocks :yo:
thank god for that, i was getting really nervous, looking the score just from the ihwc livescores. :D I don't know what the hell is going on..so. i'm happy that they had 1 more. yay! :handclap:

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
4-1. Proshkin. All 4 goals were scored by ZZM and Co ;)
how are the other lines doing? They seem to have the best chemistry, but they have played together more than the other lines, so it's pretty ovbious. But Russia should have the other 3 lines working better too if they want to stand a chance against Finland. Has Ovechkin played any PP? The last game i noticed that they gave him very little ice time on PP.

Morozov is on fire.. how many points tonight?? :sarcasm:

VladNYC*

This team looks awful. I don't know what they are doing out there. I really hope they are just trying to get used to each other and take it easy. There is NO defense. It's not bad, it just doesn't exsist. It's 5 forwards playing perimeter hockey. No one in front of the goal tender, just 15 passes before they are forced to an odd angle shot. Morozov's line is the only good thing we have going. The power play looks like a figure skating competition. The penalty kill instead of playing defense is looking for a highlight reel break away every 5 seconds. I understand that you want to impress the fans at home and give them some thing to cheer for but in my opinion a gold is alot more to cheer about than a pretty goal. If the team plays like this there is NO WAY they will beat any of the powerhouses. Not Finland, Definetly not Slovakia and not even a weak Team Canada.

Oh and the best player on the ice after 2 period: Fedorov, Ukraine's Goalie who has stolen about 10 goals from Russia.

Prediction:

Gold: Slovakia

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
NHL-ers totally forgot how to play on bigger rinks... :)
Russian coach must have never heard of term "special team". It is ridiculous not to let Ovechkin play in PP.
Team Russia will win this game and are likely to score more but i'd worried to see them playing against stronger opponent.
The defence sucks. Markov and Gonchar playing worse than they do in NHL.
First goal was a blooper that goalie should had never allowed.
I am really worried about the defence in this team.

sick

May 18, 2006
Finland
It's very frustrating to watch Russia play, they have so much skill, at times it just leaves you speechles. But the hazard passes on own zone and the lack of defence is scary and often i just yell at the player(yeah, they really hear me!!) Defend, defend you morons!!

And i just sometimes don't get the russian strategy.. like leaving ovechkin out of PP... :shakehead

Simagin

Nov 18, 2002
It's very frustrating to watch Russia play, they have so much skill, at times it just leaves you speechles. But the hazard passes on your own zone and the lack of defence is scary and often i just yell at the player(yeah, they really hear me!!) Defend, defend you morons!!

And i just sometimes don't get the russian strategy.. like leaving ovechkin out of PP... :shakehead

LOL Sounds so familiar. ;)

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
AO on PP. Was somebody wondering? I just started watching and heard there were 4 PP goals. So why people were cursing our PP then?

I didn't curse our PP... I just stated we should allow AO to play on PP each and every time. Also... we scored 4 goals against Ukraine... i'd love to see how many we can make against Finland for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad