Russia U20 National Team - WJC-2018

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
Seriously, what were the chances of M. Tsyplakov making the team and what kind of player the small Popugaev he is ?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Seriously, what were the chances of M. Tsyplakov making the team and what kind of player the small Popugaev he is ?

I think Tsyplakov was a pretty realistic candidate for a 4th line role-playing winger position, without him it's basically just Rasseikin and Sholokhov who can fit that role. The small Popugaev is a good skilled scoring winger, but obviously we have too much of those this year to think about him as a realistic candidate for making the team.

Reactions: Atas2000

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
What is the Dronov timetable now?

Its a mute point now but Sosunov is lighting it up in the WHL and more positive reviews from Lightning management. Huge disappointment that we didnt even get to see him at any of the tournaments.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
A bit confused. Seeing some people saying on twitter that Svechnikov has been invited but not seeing an actual list of NA-based invitees.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
A bit confused. Seeing some people saying on twitter that Svechnikov has been invited but not seeing an actual list of NA-based invitees.

Possibly it also depends on Zaitsev/Dronov situation - if their recovering process doesn't go very well, there is some sense in inviting another NA based defenceman.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I was going to mention Sosunov. At least he could be invited to camp.

BTW, what Tampa's management saying?

There are several articles about him with quotes from management on Google. Also Bob Mackenzie said recently in his Bobcast that he is turning lots of heads in the WHL.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
10 NA based players will be invited.

My guess: Svechnikov, Kostin, Abramov, Sokolov, Lipanov, Rubtsov, Minulin, A. Alexeyev, Samorukov, Berdin.

The NA-based list is official now.

Btw, Rasseikin is also out with an injury.

Also Bragin told that it is between Berdin and Melnichuk for #1, #3 not clear yet. And Zaitsev's health is still a question.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Another set of cuts have been announced before leaving to Rochester: Konovalov, D. Alexeyev, Kalinin, Moiseyev, Popugaev, Rakhimullin, Romanov and Shen.

So in case if you have troubles following up with all those cuts/injuries/additions, here is the roster for the final stage of the camp:

GK
Mikhail Berdin
Alexei Melnichuk
Vladislav Sukhachyov

D
Alexander Alexeyev
Nikolai Knyzhov
Nikita Makeyev
Artyom Maltsev
Artyom Minulin
Dmitriy Samorukov
Alexander Shepelev
Vladislav Syomin
Anatoliy Yelizarov
Yegor Zaitsev
FW
Vitaliy Abramov
Andrei Altybarmakyan
Georgiy Ivanov
Artur Kayumov
Klim Kostin
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Alexei Lipanov
Mikhail Maltsev
Artyom Manukyan
Alexei Polodyan
German Rubtsov
Marsel Sholokhov
Dmitriy Sokolov
Andrei Svechnikov
Danil Veryayev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Possibly the worst defense in Russian WJC history. I don't think I will be able to watch. Please shoot me!

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I dont understand why A. Maltsev is still there?

Yakushev72 kind of answered your question already.

Possibly the worst defense in Russian WJC history. I don't think I will be able to watch. Please shoot me!

Well, it's not like it would be a first time the D is bad, for example WJC-2016. The issue is that this time we also don't have very good centers and a clear #1 goalie... and basically all we have is plenty of attacking wingers. So yeah, quite a worrisome situation.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Only a Bragin Miracle can save us :)

If he somehow gets the group to play like it's their last battle as a gang then maybe...

Otherwise there are no forward talents like in 2010, centers are still an issue, the D is depleted even from what it could have been, goaltenders are pretty much Shikin/Bobkov level.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Only a Bragin Miracle can save us :)

If he somehow gets the group to play like it's their last battle as a gang then maybe...

Otherwise there are no forward talents like in 2010, centers are still an issue, the D is depleted even from what it could have been, goaltenders are pretty much Shikin/Bobkov level.

Yeah, if Bragin can get something good out of this group of players, he is officially a genius.

I'm now looking at the roster and thinking that there will be some controversial roster cut this year too, I mean, really too much of attacking wingers there (especially at RW), really hard to fit them all into the final roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->